No announcement yet.

Movie Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan, it's beautiful! Love the scenery the story line & characters. I'd love to go to the Oxbow // snake river & see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
      That's a cool movie (I have the DVD), although I don't think the Cheyenne would've given up living in traditional hide lodges (teepees) to build the wooden structures shown in the film. There were a couple scenes in there that could've come out of my story Into The Yellowstone.
      that was a great story Dan!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
      Dan, it's beautiful! Love the scenery the story line & characters. I'd love to go to the Oxbow // snake river & see it!

The Snake River is beautiful & runs through Idaho Falls. Awesome to walk along the 'greenbelt' they've built.

Comment

• There's a bend in the Snake? River btwn Yellowstone & Jackson Hole ... "you" pull over for the most beautiful view of your life! I NEED TO SEE THAT! On my bucket list!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
          There's a bend in the Snake? River btwn Yellowstone & Jackson Hole ... "you" pull over for the most beautiful view of your life! I NEED TO SEE THAT! On my bucket list!
          Oxbow Bend of the Snake River! Here you go (except the Snake River has been cropped out)

Tee's Oxbow Bend Shot.jpg
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Movie Reviews

Oh my look! Beautiful!! When was this taken? Where-state?
            We're u on a bike ride?

Last edited by 4AMNTN; 28-03-2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
              Oh my look! Beautiful!! When was this taken? Where-state?
              We're u on a bike ride?
              There's a few things in play here. First, I was not on a ride when this picture was taken. When I went through here on my bike last July, it was raining cats and dogs and we couldn't see the mountains at ALL. So, even though I've been to this spot many times, and even though I have lots of beautiful pictures of the Tetons, this particular shot was taken by a friend of mine. This is the Oxbow on the Snake River in Wyoming in Grand Teton National Park. One of the most photographed views in the US, every morning (especially in the fall when these aspens are turning) will see dozens of photographers lined up shoulder to shoulder (unless it's pouring rain), crowding each other to get a shot of Mt. Moran from this location. Second, on the DVD case for the movie Last of The Dogmen, the cover scene with the river and mountains is also in Grand Teton National Park and the river is also the Snake, but it's not at the Oxbow. The picture is taken at another of the most photographed spots in the US, form a bluff overlooking the Snake at a scenic pullout on Hwy 26, roughly half of the way from Moose WY to Moran Junction WY. Third, the Oxbow Quadrangle mentioned in the movie is the name of a quadrangle topo map of an area along the Flathead River north of Missoula, MT. The actual Oxbow Quadrangle on the Snake River is on the border of Idaho and Oregon. Is all of that confusing enough yet?
              Last edited by Dan M.; 29-03-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Really! I've looked it up before! It's on my bucket list U R LUCKY to have seen this! Wow![emoji559]

Comment

• Is anyone going to watch The Son with Pierce Brosnan starting Sunday on AMC. also the second installment of The Kennedy's with Katie Holmes. the first one was great!

Comment

• Watched hacksaw ridge, great awe inspiring movie- 9.5/10
                    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Gr8 Gis, we want to watch that too!

Saw a trailer teaser for American Assassin. The guy playing Mitch looks a little older which is a good thing. LOVE who they have playing Stan - but I really didn't picture Irene like that. will be a buzz kill for me. I like the actress ok; can't get over the hairstyle. She was GOOD in Out of Time & Something New. we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
                        Watched hacksaw ridge, great awe inspiring movie- 9.5/10
                        We liked that one. Last night we started SILENCE, also with Andrew Garfield, and Adam Driver (Kylo Ren in STARWARS VII - THE FORCE AWAKENS). A Martin Scorsese directed film about Jesuit missionaries in 17th century japan. Pretty intense. Long movie, hope to finish it tonight.

Watched PATRIOT'S DAY with Mark Wahlburg, J.K. Simmons (he's so good in everything) about the Boston Marathon bombing. It was a good enough movie, best part was watching as the authorities digitally track the two bombing brothers. It didn't really break any new ground except maybe how many F-bombs you can pack into the first 5 minutes of a movie, lol.

Comment

• Yeah J.K. Simmons IS good in everything!
                          Haven't seen any movies lately, but have watched the 1st season of White Collar...pretty good show! Of course it's no longer on tv but had a good 6 season run so I should have plenty to watch coming up

Comment

• I liked him in New in Town. ha-ha!

Comment

• JK Simmons was brilliant in Whiplash which is an absolute favorite movie of mine!

Comment

• Watched The Son this weekend. Good.

Comment

Working...
                                X