Movie Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• * * * INFINITY WAR SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER * * *

Saw Infinity War. I know after 18 movies more or less pointing to this one that the whole "Thanos is coming thing" isn't going to be resolved in just one movie, but I still feel a little used knowing I have to wait a year to find out what happens next. How do you even rate a movie like this one? Technically it was very well done. I continue to be amazed at what CGI can do for movies. But the writers are messing with the characters to move the plot forward. Like with Hulk in the very beginning. The whole deal with Hulk has always been he gets stronger and stronger and stronger as he gets madder and madder and madder. Thanos shouldn't be able to beat him so easily (before getting more of the Infinity Stones anyway). And Thor is easily (we assume) defeated at the very beginning, yet toward the end of the movie he's holding a huge mechanism from closing, making him appear waaaay more powerful than he was earlier, plus when he shows up in Wakanda he easily wipes out a ton of those space dog things but then dials everything back and fights them like the other heroes. I guess the inconsistencies are what make me feel somewhat used. At least Thor gets two eyes again.
    Last edited by Dan M.; 30-04-2018, 10:46 PM.
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• No, I haven't seen it yet. She was GREAT in Snatched. I didn't see Train Wreck(I hear it's good too) - because I've NEVER liked her.... but damn she's funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
        No, I haven't seen it yet. She was GREAT in Snatched. I didn't see Train Wreck(I hear it's good too) - because I've NEVER liked her.... but damn she's funny.
        Thanks...yeah I'm not a huge fan but yup she's pretty damn funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Will be going to see Infinity War this weekend with a small group. Not my first choice for movies but we all get a say & I enjoy them. Course I don't remember from one movie to the next

Comment

• Ok, y'all don't freak but I haven't seen past ...the 2nd Batman when we got up and left. And LUV me some Val Kilmer (he's my younger days heartthrob) And Star Wars? Nope just the first 3. OH MY YAAAAA

Dan, have you caught Lethal Weapon yet?? Oh they're so good! FOX on Wednesday

Comment

• * Includes SPOILER *

Went to watch the new Infinity War movie, i actually fell asleep, wasn't that it was a bad movie, just way too long..............

Pathetic way to end a movie, i'm giving nothing away as to the content, but, boy, this will surely come back to bite the producers etc
            I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• yeah I heard it's almost 3 hours!!!!

Comment

• Hey, Meg, did you go see The Meg?

Comment

• We just watched “I feel pretty” it was good. Amy is so funny—— tho I missed her stand up this month on purpose but this movie was good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                    Hey, Meg, did you go see The Meg?
                    I haven't gone to see it, but would like to...I read the book and enjoyed it immensely. Have you seen it? Recommend it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg View Post
                      I haven't gone to see it, but would like to...I read the book and enjoyed it immensely. Have you seen it? Recommend it?
                      No, I haven't seen it, although if it was called The Dan, maybe I'd've gone by now.

Comment

• This FALL season I'm looking forward to a NEW Magnum P.I. NOT looking forward to the NEW guy playing in Lethal Weapon. The Cool Kids looks really funny. And of course my usuals: TBBT, The Good Doctor, Bull, Will & Grace, Young Sheldon.... and The Holiday Pumpkin Carving starts Sept. 30!!!!!!

what about y'all?

Comment

• Wish I could get interested in some of the programs but I get so caught up in the news which actually is like a dramatic serial, Trump has certainly turned the whole thing into a reality show with different plots each day. So will Judge Kavanaugh get confirmed or will the cloud settle over him. He went to Georgetown Prep School which apparently had or has a reputation for heavy drinking as I'm sure many other schools have. Would be interesting if it wasn't to darned serious.

Comment

• Don't watch TV news, don't buy a newspaper. Too much fake news, too much the opinions of the newsreaders, guests, journalists. All being told what to say/write. Don't believe much of what they say

Comment

• You'll probably be a happier man because of the non-watching.

Comment

• Saw Green Book over the long Thanksgiving weekend. Great movie! I see Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Director nominations for this movie on the horizon. Viggo Mortensen is especially outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X