No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow Mo. Sounds like TO ME some nice water weather. I can do without the ice - that's usually what we get --- but SNOW!!! would be so nice. I've never heard of a sander before. Possibly like our salt trucks (they lay out salt & scrape too)

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
      Wow! Dan. That’s IS different! Keep warm! Is that a record for y’all?
      No, not a record. Just cold for us right here. I know most of you have it way worse.
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Our temperature has varied a lot this past few weeks. We'll have a day of 2-3 degrees below freezing, the a few days mid 40's then back to freezing again.

Our vehicles to clear the roads are known as Gritters. They spread a mixture of grit and salt to get rid of ice and very light snow. They have a plough on the front for heavier snowfalls.

Comment

• Yes YB, sanders and gritters are similar I imagine, they finally laid down a lot of sand etc. down the middle of the street leaving the sides with lots of ice and we live on a crescent with no sidewalks, so it's a bit difficult for the walkers. Had to throw down lots of ice melt on our driveway which was needed badly.

Comment

• Looks like snow [emoji3587] ur way Mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yes we had a lot of cold and blowing snow this morning - lots of gusty wind. Our neighbour who usually clears our driveway stayed indoors today so our driveway was snow covered, later today a group of nice looking teenage young fellows knocked at the door offering to clear our driveway for $20.00, it's a double driveway so I thought that the $20.00 was a good deal, am always encouraged when I see young folk showing initiative, they cleared the driveway in jig time and salted it from the bag they found by the garage door. They did a good job.

Comment

• Good to hear Mo. And yes... nice to hear the younger crowd is out there helping & earning.

Comment

• More snow today, neighbour came over and was having a go at it but there was ice underneath and all the local retail stores are sold out of their ice-melting stocks - so, back to my other supplier, got some from Amazon which hopefully will get here before Spring.

Comment

• I love amazon!!!!

Comment

• It's been a cold 40ish & 30 at night. Rainy & it's gonna rain all week.

Comment

• Still cold hear although looks like the temp is going to go up this week and maybe the snow will start melting.

Comment

• Frost on the roof tops and lawns here this morning! That's about as close as we come to snow on the ground. Temps in the upper 30s. Made for another chilly ride to work.
                          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Sorry Dan but I don’t know what’s worse-nothing w/ occasional rain or the crap we get! It was soooo cold today but the temperature was 35. Our poor buttercups & cherry tree[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Raining tonight, temp above freezing, hope it keeps going up.

Comment

• rain rain rain. now I'm not worried so much that the big oak will blow over but that it will just FALL over, the ground is wetter than I've ever seen it.

Comment

Working...
                                X