No announcement yet.

Movie Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watching Navy Seals OR The Brave? Which do u prefer??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I watched The Brave because it comes on after The Voice. When does Navy Seals come on?

Comment

• It's called SEAL Team, sorry. Wed. 8 CT on CBS. We're up in the air as to which to watch. I've already gotten situations mixed up on the shows so we're gone narrow it down to just ONE military show.

Young Sheldon wasn't as great as I'd hoped just ok. And it doesn't come back on until Nov. 2. We DO like The Good Doctor.

Comment

• Anybody see the movie I Can Only Imagine? GREAT movie! More or less predictable, but some great performances by the young man who plays Bart Millard (and can he sing? Wow!) and by Dennis Quaid. I'm going to see this one again. Probably buy the DVD when it comes out. Loved it.
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
            Anybody see the movie I Can Only Imagine? GREAT movie! More or less predictable, but some great performances by the young man who plays Bart Millard (and can he sing? Wow!) and by Dennis Quaid. I'm going to see this one again. Probably buy the DVD when it comes out. Loved it.
            Just watched the trailer and might have to make it our date-night movie this weekend. Last week we saw the re-make of Death Wish with Bruce Willis and thought it was awful. But seeing a bad movie doesn't hurt the wallet as much given below:

We purchased the MoviePass through Costco recently and it will turn out to be incredible savings for us. They offer different packages but ours costs $89/person and you can see as many movies as you want for one year (limit one per day). There are some issues with how and when you purchase, but we've made the logistics work. We see approximately 40 movies each year so the savings is tremendous. Any of you that are avid movie-goers should look into it, but make sure you understand the logistics of how/when.

Comment

• Originally posted by Style View Post
              We purchased the MoviePass through Costco recently and it will turn out to be incredible savings for us. They offer different packages but ours costs $89/person and you can see as many movies as you want for one year (limit one per day). There are some issues with how and when you purchase, but we've made the logistics work. We see approximately 40 movies each year so the savings is tremendous. Any of you that are avid movie-goers should look into it, but make sure you understand the logistics of how/when.
              My daughter got me 6 months of MoviePass for Christmas. I'm doing my best to make sure she gets her money's worth!

Comment

• WOW! thanks for the info Style! My dad will go see ANYTHING! That sounds great! We're not a CostCo member, but I know someone who is. Sam's is still the KING around here.
                Gonna rent Jumanji tonight. Can't wait, hope it's good.

Also: Fox News LEGENDS & LIES starts at 10PM CST. This is the 3rd in the series, CIVIL WAR. These are absolutely GREAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                  Anybody see the movie I Can Only Imagine? GREAT movie! More or less predictable, but some great performances by the young man who plays Bart Millard (and can he sing? Wow!) and by Dennis Quaid. I'm going to see this one again. Probably buy the DVD when it comes out. Loved it.
                  This was a great movie. I remember when that song came out...they even played it on the Top 40 station around here! And yeah that guy can sing!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                  WOW! thanks for the info Style! My dad will go see ANYTHING! That sounds great! We're not a CostCo member, but I know someone who is. Sam's is still the KING around here.
                  Gonna rent Jumanji tonight. Can't wait, hope it's good.

Also: Fox News LEGENDS & LIES starts at 10PM CST. This is the 3rd in the series, CIVIL WAR. These are absolutely GREAT.
                  I'll need to rent Jumanji...never got to the theater to see it & I wanted to. Also didn't get to see The Greatest Showman.

Comment

• My sister was telling me about I Can Only Imagine, she described it as a really nice Christian movie.

Comment

• Jumanji was very good! Yep!

Comment

• Watched 3 billboards, great movie but spoiled by the ending, in my opinion anyway
                        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Ready Player One = 8.5/10. Wife and I really enjoyed this one as Spielberg doesn't disappoint. First 30 minutes is a little tedious but it is setting up the rest of the movie and gets better and better. Not for everybody with the real life and animation combo but entertaining for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
                            My sister was telling me about I Can Only Imagine, she described it as a really nice Christian movie.
                            It's good even if you don't care about it being Christian or not. We've seen it twice now.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Style View Post
                            Ready Player One = 8.5/10. Wife and I really enjoyed this one as Spielberg doesn't disappoint. First 30 minutes is a little tedious but it is setting up the rest of the movie and gets better and better. Not for everybody with the real life and animation combo but entertaining for us.
                            Thanks for the report, that's high on my list!

Comment

• I want to see I Feel Pretty .

Comment

• 4A, did you like that movie? I'm not a fan of Amy Schumer so I'm wondering about this...seems like a great premise.
                                Finally saw the Greatest Showman on DVD...would have been fantastic to see on the big screen.
                                I did go to the theater to see Grease on the big screen for the 40 year anniversary.

Comment

Working...
                                X