• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overcast and is on it's way, no doubt we are needing it
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Very wet Sunday from about noon onwards. Showery Monday so far

Comment

• great! I think the forecast has been changed here too - possible rain chance all week!

Comment

• Couple of major pop up thunderstorms yesterday - more expected the afternoon. Rain for the next few days! YEA!!! Gis, YB - do y'all know about how far apart y'all live?
          Dan - what's ur weather out that way?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            Couple of major pop up thunderstorms yesterday - more expected the afternoon. Rain for the next few days! YEA!!! Gis, YB - do y'all know about how far apart y'all live?
            Dan - what's ur weather out that way?
            I'm not sure but I'd guess that from Gis to me would be around 300 miles

Comment

• The rain did not appear here.

Not sure where YB lives, but, i'm in Montrose on the east coast of Scotland
              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• After doing a bit of checking it seems that Gis is 330 to 350 miles from me (depending on your chosen route, via A1 or M6)

Comment

• WOW ... that's close. I've always wondered. HERE, Nashville, TN 350 miles out : CLOCKWISE 2/ Charleston, VA, 4/ Charlotte, NC, 7/ Jackson, MS, 9/ Little Rock, AR ...I guess I've been to 24 states ... not as many as I'd like ... HI and AK here totally out tho I bet they're both beautiful!!! Been to both Oceans & the Gulf of Mexico. American (like a lot of other places) has beautiful diverse scenery.

Comment

• It shows how different US is to UK. Here we consider 350 miles to be a "long" journey.

You seem to be quite well travelled, Fours. You have been to the West, East and South coasts of the USA and seen the sea. I read a magazine article a few years ago which stated that a (very) large proportion of Americans go through life and NEVER see the sea. A lot are at least 1000 miles from the sea. In the UK almost everyone is no more than 75 miles away, a few may be up to 100 maximum.

Weather wise, it's unbelievable that a couple of weeks we had very uncomfortable temps of over 90, almost 100 degrees. Now we struggle to get to 60 most days

Comment

• Ahhhh 60 .....

Comment

• It's so hot and sticky here right now. Ugh!! We have a high pressure area over Arizona that's sucking up tropical air from central Mexico and sending thunderstorms into our local deserts and mountains. Augh!! I don't know you folks back east STAND it, 4!! It's not that hot--mid to upper 80s--but it's so stinking humid!
                        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• After a mainly wet Tuesday it's warm and sunny here. When I say warm I mean around 70. Very glad we are not having Dan's weather

Comment

• Ahhh yes, humidity - what would the South do without it - ruining everything! this 106 heat index is awful! Dan I thought y'all get breezes from the ocean??? hope it ends for you soon!

Comment

• 80% of the time we get ocean breezes. 10% of the time we get dry desert winds called Santa Ana's. The other 10% we get summer monsoon moisture from the south. Rain usually comes as a rare bonus mixed in with the ocean breezes and even more rarely with the monsoons. Most of our flash flooding in the deserts and mountains comes with the monsoons.
                              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Sounds active! We get HUMIDITY but oh my gosh Tornadoes! It's scary when we're watching the Weather Channel or Accuweather or 2,4,5 & they say get in your safe place -- it's "one county over" then the TV goes out!!!!!! --happens ALL the time!

Comment

Working...
                                X