No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much better - the previous pic looked like something out of a 1930's horror movie

Comment

• Night and day difference, Gis! Best wishes for an uncomplicated rehab!
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• It begins TODAY.... cool 50's possible rain BUT - we've GOT to get started on decorations!!! rain next 4-5 days. I'll send pictures

Comment

• Long day yesterday & did I mention a COLD wet low 50's. Pictures, we're not finished with the tree & light but it's getting there! IMG_4731.jpgIMG_3902.jpgIMG_3901.jpg

Comment

• Looking good 4, be good to see the finished design
            I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Where do you store all that stuff, 4? We have a shed for our Christmas stuff stuff but that looks like for than our shed would hold.
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• oops ---- ON WEATHER -- sorry.

OK you UK'ers out there Gis, YB, Brower .... we watched an episode about Minced Pies. WHO eats these things? I thought there was actually MEAT in them -- whoa.... AND "crackers". I have never heard of the Christmas firework that you pull. that is TOTALLY neat to me! I'm gonna try to find one (or several) to buy! I LOVE The Smithsonian Channel (except it's owned by MTV) -- learning is key.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                  oops ---- ON WEATHER -- sorry.

OK you UK'ers out there Gis, YB, Brower .... we watched an episode about Minced Pies. WHO eats these things? I thought there was actually MEAT in them -- whoa.... AND "crackers". I have never heard of the Christmas firework that you pull. that is TOTALLY neat to me! I'm gonna try to find one (or several) to buy! I LOVE The Smithsonian Channel (except it's owned by MTV) -- learning is key.
                  Actually had 3 small x-mas mince pies today, laced with marzipan
                  I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                    oops ---- ON WEATHER -- sorry.

Strange that although the US & the UK are similar in lots of ways there are so many differences. There are lots of things said on here that I don't understand, different traditions, different words meaning the same

Comment

• HA! YB ... we did that a few years ago "type in a "saying" from your part of the world. And we have a lot. But on the show - a LORREY was a truck ...the CRACKER was a firework, - a JUMPER was a sweater some of the workers I couldn't understand hardly - the "accents"???
                      "so some sayings here:
                      duck on a June ~~. bug knee high to a grasshopper ~~. fixing' to ~~. stump full of granddaddy's.

Comment

• IMG_3934.jpg Finished product

Comment

• last IMG_3937-1.jpg

Comment

• A lorry, as well as being a truck, can be a wagon (or waggon). A cracker can be a firework used outdoors but a Christmas cracker which we "pull" at Christmas is an indoor item. It does make a sound when pulled but not usually very loud. It then splits open and inside will normally be a paper hat, a joke (the same ones are used year after year) and a plastic "toy".

I'm not familiar with a stump full of grandaddys.

A few years ago I read a book called Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson. He is American and he is writing about his experiences on his first visit to the UK. It's very funny

Comment

• Neat YB! The stump full of granddaddies is what older people would say when kids looked unkept that their hair was messed up, it would look like a tree stump that was overgrown with granddaddy, long leg spiders
                              Mo had a good one I remember:: “someone has to be the tall poppy”. I love that! Funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey! Anyone have any end of the year updates? Any travel plans for Christmas or New Year? I appreciate us "staying together" ... it's nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X