No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My advice to you young ones on here - ask your relatives lots of questions about the family in years gone by. I became interested in my family history about 12-13 yrars ago. All relatives older than me had passed on by that time - oh how I wished I'd found out info earlier

Comment

• That is great advice. My Mama Chappell (who was the mom to all these wonderful men PLUS my Nana Dot) was born in 1893 ... she passed in 1983 ... she lived thru it ALL -- horse to cars, Titanic, WWI, Women's Suffrage, (common use of : electricity, phones) Depression, Hindenburg, WWII, indoor plumbing,Korean War, Elvis (ha), appliances, Kennedy, King, Kennedy, Moon Landing, Vietnam, Elvis (again) Lennon, Berlin Wall? WOW I could go on & on! I STILL use her corn light bread recipe and EVERYONE loves it - making it for Thanksgiving again this year!

Comment

• I'm nowhere near as old as Mama Chappell but I've seen a lot of changes in my life. Music - I used to play records, then cassette tapes then CD's. Now all the music you ever want is available on your phone. Talking of the phone, it's 6 x 3 inches in size and will do all that anything else can (except make coffee).
        Television used to be black & white with only three channels available, it used to transmit for about 8-9 hours a day. (in the UK) - now there are hundreds of channels, in colour and available 24/7. Friends of my parents emigrated to the US, late 50's early 60's, travelled by ship, I seem to remember the journey would take 3 weeks. Years later Concorde took about 3 hours London to New York. The internet, answers to any questions you may have available in seconds, anytime. Can have a "conversation" with someone on the other side of the world antime - previously we wrote letters, posted them and they arrived eventually, maybe two weeks.
        My son lives in Australia, I have two grandsons who I've never seen but I keep in touch with them growing up through photos, skype and now zoom

Comment

• See ... that's amazing. Wow. Thanks for sharing... the first thing I remember (outside of my little world) was .... "seeing" images of Jim Morrison. Looking back - it had to be WHEN he died or the anniversaries ... it seemed like his footage was on all the time. I was 5 when he died.

Australia - wow... that's forever away. Used to be the destination of choice for Kevin - we also wanted to work in a G'Day to Steve Irwin BUT.... now I'm lucky to be motivated to go to my moms. Was he anywhere near Fiona? Anyone every hear from her?
          Anybody? Deanie, Meg, Brower? -- the list???

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            ... the first thing I remember (outside of my little world) was .... "seeing" images of Jim Morrison. Looking back - it had to be WHEN he died or the anniversaries ... it seemed like his footage was on all the time. I was 5 when he died.
            Speaking of Jim Morrison, last Friday night we went to the Whisky A Go Go in Hollywood where once upon a time the Doors were the house band. Our son is a guitar tech for a band touring clubs around the country (not as big a deal as it sounds) and their only stop in our area was at the Whisky, a 90 minute drive in Friday traffic. We don't go up to LA/Hollywood unless we have to, but we hadn't see our son since spring when he toured through with another band so we made the trek. Ugh! Getting to be in the Whisky for free was very cool though. Historic rock-n-roll venue. Then Sunday night my daughter and I made our nearly weekly Sunday night visit to Disneyland for the last 90 minutes of the park's operating day. The crowds are sooo much easier to manage. Lines are short and parking is free. Plus the Christmas decorations are all up!

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            Was he anywhere near Fiona? Anyone every hear from her?
            Anybody? Deanie, Meg, Brower? -- the list???
            Meg and Fiona show up on Facebook once in a while. Don't know about anybody else.
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Was he anywhere near Fiona? Anyone every hear from her?

My son lives in Brisbane, from memory Fiona was around Melbourne which I'd guess will be 1500 miles or so

Comment

• Funny 1500??? That's all? Oops.
                Dan:: that's amazing! I'd love to see it - listen to a concert there!! Neat!
                That's great y'all still do the Disney thing. How very sweet! So this is or isn't the Flint,MI son? My sister that lives in MI says it colder here in Nashville than up there! It's unusual that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny 1500??? That's all? Oops.
                  Dan:: that's amazing! I'd love to see it - listen to a concert there!! Neat!
                  That's great y'all still do the Disney thing. How very sweet! So this is or isn't the Flint,MI son? My sister that lives in MI says it colder here in Nashville than up there! It's unusual that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Actually, he's not in Flint anymore. When he's not on tour, he's temporarily in ...Nashville. Only until he finds another woman gullible enough to let him move in with her, which it seems he has, in which case he's going to be in Iowa City, IA, when he's not touring. Here's a picture of the band on stage and one of him working on restringing a guitar.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Funny - HA! You know I live in "Nashville" right? And too bad -I have a SIL that would "fit that goal". Wow. here's to an easy life then.

I wish all y'all a Happy Thanksgiving - safe travels & good memories made. this will be mom's first big get together in her house ... not everyone can make it - which is really sad because the BOYS don't "have a life".... well I guess they have THIER life. Families grow up & apart. Very thankful for my friends here - take care!

Comment

• So - hope everyone has/is/got to spend time with family. Ours was good, shorter visit - foos just as good! Mom's table - beautiful as always. Still a sadness tho.
                      NEXT weekend will be time to decorate! We'll see if my plan & Kevins TALENT will come together.... I of course share pictures. IMG_3823.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Got my cast removed, let the physio begin

I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• oh my goodness. Bless it! I hope it feels better than it looks -- WHICH Ii doesn't look bad - I just don't like to be "inconvenienced". Better days ahead! How are u & urs otherwise?

Comment

• Things can only get better, Gis. Well I hope so as it looks grim

Comment

oh my goodness. Bless it! I hope it feels better than it looks -- WHICH Ii doesn't look bad - I just don't like to be "inconvenienced". Better days ahead! How are u & urs otherwise?
                              Well, it's amazing what a few days can achieve, to be fair, the first pic was immediately after the cast was removed, since i've gotten rid of the dead skin and the ugly looking remnants of the stitches, it looks not bad

I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Amazing! Looks great - a sign of things to come!

Comment

Working...
                                X