Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Beck. Singer/Guitarist. Everybody knows "Hi Ho Silver Lining" I think

Comment

I have heard his name forever… and The Yardbirds. I knew he was a admired guitarist. I remember his song with Rod Stewart— People Get Ready. Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh my gosh! Lisa Marie Presley ~~. wow. I'm sorry to say she didn't look all together at The Golden Globes. What a life she'd led. sad

Comment

Robbie Knievel — grew up watching his dad. Saw him on TV not too long ago too…. In Vegas maybe? Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gina Lollobrigida (hopefully correct spelling) Italian actress from years gone by. RIP

Comment

I don't know about you folks, but for me this is a weird age to be (66). Iconic personalities of my lifetime are leaving us at a disconcerting rate. Can't say Lisa Marie was iconic, but she was connected to a few of them,, two of them also gone. Just feels odd.
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                I don't know about you folks, but for me this is a weird age to be (66). Iconic personalities of my lifetime are leaving us at a disconcerting rate. Can't say Lisa Marie was iconic, but she was connected to a few of them,, two of them also gone. Just feels odd.
                I'm not far behind you, i'm 63 this year and there always seems to be someone passing at what i would call a very early age
                I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

I'm a few years ahead of you two guys. I remember many years ago reading about a death of a famous person aged 70 something or 80 and thought it was OK . they've had their time. When you get to or approaching that age you begin to feel very differently

Comment

I agree. Also was thinking the same thing. I'm 56. I was shocked t see CHER is 2 years younger than my mom! 2 years???John Lennon was 4 years older than my mom! My favorite band KISS - they're all in their 70's now. My goodness. Around here I guess - well everyone knows Dolly Parton - she's 77. That will be a sad day. They're ALL sad as I get older...... memories....didn't realize that life is making those everyday. (to keep)

Comment

And another one leaves us, David Crosby of the Byrds and Crosby, Stills,Nash (& Young)

Comment

Yes. My goodness. Never got to see them in concert - but liked the music.

Comment

Burt Bacharach. Composer of dozens of songs for lots of singers. We all know most of the songs well even if we didn't know that Burt was the composer

Comment

Originally posted by YB View Post
                            Burt Bacharach. Composer of dozens of songs for lots of singers. We all know most of the songs well even if we didn't know that Burt was the composer
                            Sad day indeed, wrote many songs for artists incapable of writing themselves.
                            You just need to look at the likes of Beyonce, talentless in my opinion and yet can sing her heart out
                            I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Raquel Welch. Excellent actress

Comment

Originally posted by YB View Post
                                Raquel Welch. Excellent actress
                                Her dad interviewed for an engineering job at my dad's company way back in the late 60s/early 70s. They didn't hire him, wasn't a proper fit for the position, but I was a little bummed for a minute because I figured sooner or later we would've been able to meet her. Dang.
                                sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X