No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still slogging my way through In The Garden of Beasts, Germany in the 1930's and the events leading up to WWII as seen through the life of U.S. Ambassador Dodd, Ambassador to Germany - quite an ineffectual man who really only wanted a job where he would have lots of time for his writing about the South. The language and behaviour of diplomats is quite amazing, no one ever says what they really mean for fear of causing an international incident, it's all couched in the language of diplomacy so events move quite slowly.

Comment

The First Order - by Jeff Abbott

Comment

NYPD Red James Patterson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah that was ok I'm starting NYPD red 2 now

Comment

Will be starting 'Girl from the Train' by Irma Joubert in the next few days for book club.

Comment

I was reading the Vince Flynn Mitch Rapp books. After a while they became so repetitive and boring that I barely got into a few chapters of one of the more recent ones before I couldn't go any further. I didn't like the character of his wife either. Thankfully, with the exception of the first one, which was a freebie, they were library books. I'm reading James Patterson's Private: London. Nothing startling but it's an easy read. I've read Red. It was ok.

Comment

The Forgotten by David Baldacci, not bad so far.

Comment

Yeah the Reds are just ok. I like the fact that I can mentally "see" the city's layout . I enjoyed the Private series! And Mo I've read only Baldacci's King & Maxwell? series - which I enjoy a lot.

Comment

Going old school and rereading THE MAN FROM SKIBBEREEN by Louis L'Amour. I'm trying to stay interested in Mark Dawson's John Milton series. I'm up to Book 3 and it's not doing a lot for me, nor did Books 1 and 2.
                    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Louis L'Amour writes Westerns doesn't he? I think Dave has read some of his books.

Comment

Dan, I like the John Milton series by Mark Dawson. But if the books aren't doing it for you - stop. There are waaay too many other authors and books to try. Like - Glen Erik Hamilton. First book was"Past Crimes" featuring Van Shaw. 2nd book, released today, "Hard Cold Winter." Also being released today T. Jefferson Parker's "Crazy Blood." I believe this one is a standalone. I've always enjoyed this author's books. I also liked Greg Hurwitz's "Orphan X" featuring Evan Smoak. This book was released in January and is the first in a series. Another good read is a debut by Nicholas Petrie featuring Peter Ash, "The Drifter." You can check 'em out on Amazon.com. Perhaps one will catch your fancy.

Comment

I'm with Deanie on this Dan. I used to force myself to finish a book no matter how long it took. Now if by page 80 I'm not into it, I return it to the library, delete it from my kindle, put it in the donate pile and move on to the next!

Comment

I agree. I've only had a few of those thank goodness. It was a James patter sons Alex Cross several years back but just decided to skip that one & caught up a few years later . Turned out to be ok

Comment

I'm still struggling, intermittently, through In the Garden of Beasts, the story of pre WWII Germany, all the leaders fighting each other, and the Jews being persecuted and relieved of their businesses and their money maybe even made to disappear. And the really ineffectual American Ambassador Dodd, a principled man with no clout whatsoever with a wild daughter who is slowly beginning to realize the horrors which are happening. Mostly she had been partying and having a good time. I wonder if I'll be able to finish it, it's slow going.

Comment

Goodbye to the Dead. A Brian Freeman Jonathan Stride book.

Comment

Working...
                                X