Server Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Update

I just wanted to post up to advise everyone that my decision to update the server while maintaining all the posts (well, as much as to last November) is taking a longer time than anticipated.
    The main database that survived the recent server crash is being worked on by the gurus at vBulletin to allow me to update the site once they have repaired it.

So, with this in mind, yes, the site will survive and we will be back looking sharper and more appealing ;-)

Take note, that anything we post while i have reopened the site will not be transferred over to the new site software when it's complete, so, it's your call if you want to post up or simply wait a few more days for site to be completely fixed.
    I cannot say when the site will be fixed and i will have to close it again for the update at any time with no notice.

Many thanks for everyone's patience and i'm sure we will be back online soon.
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Thanks, Gis. Keep up the good work

Comment

Thanks Gis -- I'm checking all the time - appreciate you!

Comment

Thanks so much, Gis! I thought maybe we were kaput!
        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Some good news, the database has been resurrected and is undergoing stress testing by the vBulletin team.

We should be live again with the new software within the next couple of days.

Comment

Brilliant

Comment

Yes! Thank you for thinking of us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry folks, still no word from vBulletin about the fix, in fact i messaged them directly for an update and zero response

I'll give it a couple more days and then i'll give up on them and remain with the current setup

Comment

We are confident that you are doing everything that you can, Gis. Fingers crossed that all will be OK soon

Comment

Thanks Gis ... appreciate what ur doing - I hope other come back!

Comment

Boom, we are back, omg this has been an horrendous episode in the book joints history, but, we are back, all new and flashy

Comment

Sadly not seen Dan M back yet, fingers crossed he will return shortly

Comment

Originally posted by Gismo View Post
                          Sadly not seen Dan M back yet, fingers crossed he will return shortly
                          I'm here!! Got distracted by life, but I'm here!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post

I'm here!! Got distracted by life, but I'm here!
                            Ah, family first always but it's great to see you back

Comment

Originally posted by Gismo View Post

Ah, family first always but it's great to see you back
                              Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                              X