No announcement yet.

Movie Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no...that stinks 4A. Any other theaters that have it?

Comment

• Only 2 theaters in Nashville & we found out just 20 minutes before. Not enough time to get across town. Yeah I was bummed out. 🦈

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Did you watch Phelps vs Shark...or is that coming on soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg View Post
          Did you watch Phelps vs Shark...or is that coming on soon?
          We watched it, very disappointing, didn't know what to expect and in the end i think it was a contest that couldn't ever really be performed accurately
          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• I know I'm in the minority with the following reviews that have done terrific with everyone else, but...

Spiderman - 6.5/10 I just thought it was a bit childish and kid-like. I get that it's Spidey but other Spiderman movies have been better IMO.

Dunkirk - 7/10 I understand how it will likely win a bunch of awards, but I want to be moved in some way by a movie (ie., make me cry, make me laugh, make me move to the edge of my seat, etc) and this just didn't do it for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Style View Post
              I know I'm in the minority with the following reviews that have done terrific with everyone else, but...
              Dunkirk - 7/10 I understand how it will likely win a bunch of awards, but I want to be moved in some way by a movie (ie., make me cry, make me laugh, make me move to the edge of my seat, etc) and this just didn't do it for me.
              Interesting as i see us on the same level with most movies, I so want this to be a great movie that i'm actually waiting for a decent low hour work day to go see it

Comment

I know I'm in the minority with the following reviews that have done terrific with everyone else, but...

Spiderman - 6.5/10 I just thought it was a bit childish and kid-like. I get that it's Spidey but other Spiderman movies have been better IMO.

We saw Dunkirk. Like Style, it didn't quite live up to the hype for us, but still, it was good. I liked the flying scenes particularly. The angles of attack as viewed from the cockpits of the various Spitfires, the sounds of the plane engines, the machine guns the bullets whacking through the fuselage, etc.

There was a timeline thing going on that was somewhat confusing and once we realized, "Oh, that what's happening" the timeline thing just kind of stopped. I guess Nolan felt like he'd made whatever point he wanted to make, but it shouldn't have to be a "guess", it should be clear. Maybe it was just us that didn't get it.

Overall, though, it was a great focus on an event that doesn't get talked about very much, at least in America.
                sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• I also watched Dunkirk tonight.
                  Style, did you watch it in Imax in the true 70mm mode the way it was meant to be seen to get the whole picture?

Like Dan, it wasn't an epic movie for me, but, the reality of the time was portrayed excellently, the inside cockpit shots were great and the sounds were really good.

It's an 8/10 from me

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
                    I also watched Dunkirk tonight.
                    Style, did you watch it in Imax in the true 70mm mode the way it was meant to be seen to get the whole picture?

Like Dan, it wasn't an epic movie for me, but, the reality of the time was portrayed excellently, the inside cockpit shots were great and the sounds were really good.

It's an 8/10 from me
                    Gis - I did not watch it in the 70mm mode. Don't get me wrong - I get the cinematic beauty, the portrayal/reality, and filming. I just wasn't entertained much - or moved. My 7/10 rating is my way of saying that it is good enough to pay to see, but I wouldn't rave about it or necessarily recommend it as a 'must-see' to friends. My wife actually liked it less than I did.

Comment

Gis - I did not watch it in the 70mm mode. Don't get me wrong - I get the cinematic beauty, the portrayal/reality, and filming. I just wasn't entertained much - or moved. My 7/10 rating is my way of saying that it is good enough to pay to see, but I wouldn't rave about it or necessarily recommend it as a 'must-see' to friends. My wife actually liked it less than I did.
                      Yep, i agree with you though reading my post again it kinda shows that i wasn't

Comment

• Waiting for Dunkirk to come out on DVD. really want to see it, was living in Glasgow, Scotland, a youngster, during the war.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
                          Waiting for Dunkirk to come out on DVD. really want to see it, was living in Glasgow, Scotland, a youngster, during the war.
                          I saw in on the big screen. Very well made. Loved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brouwer View Post
                            I saw in on the big screen. Very well made. Loved it.
                            Good to hear you thought it was good Brouwer, anxious for the DVD to be issued.

Comment

• Is anyone watching or DVDR-ing the Unabomber series?

Comment

• Watched the Son of Sam documentary over the weekend. I don't remember it; of course I've heard of it many times over in the last 20 years. The thing I remember from a young age was the Marcia Trimble death. She was the Girl Scout in the wealthy Nashville area. early 70's - she was my age.

Comment

Working...
                                X