No announcement yet.

Movie Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to see Hidden Figures too -- rental maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Deadpool 2018. !! Yea!

Comment

• Movie Reviews

Not going to be home tomorrow [emoji20]at 11am, but I just set it up to record; gonna wear red, put my American flag [emoji631]pin on & champagne's [emoji898]in the fridge!!![emoji1303]

Comment

• Watching live TV --- hey Deanie! God bless Texas!!!
          God bless the USA![emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

Comment

• TV: wow, the Women's March ... bless Ashley Judd's heart; she's lost it. I'm all for getting your opinion out there. But to rant to the point that one looks "crazy". And what does lighting fires, throwing rocks, spitting, cussing, smashing windows, etc. really accomplish? Some of those signs were so embarrassing! Hey, I AM ALL FOR WOMENS RIGHTS - lets just do it in a respectable? (is that the word) fashion. (intelligent, calm, - in a way to be taken seriously --- )
            If things were different, if "we" were being attacked & yeah, where are these women on issues of rape, abuse, death of women????? THAT's when to go ballistic. That's when to change things, not AFTER the election.

sorry if I offend anyone...

Comment

• Couldn't agree more 4 [emoji106]
              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• I missed all of that but I agree 4...presenting your side in a reasonable, respectful manner would get much more accomplished imo.

Comment

• We saw La La Land this weekend. Not quite sure why it got so many Oscar nominations. I enjoyed it mostly for the familiar scenery and locations shown in ways that made them look appealing. I also appreciated the time and effort it must've taken for Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling to learn to dance in the numbers they performed which were highlighted by long camera takes with very few cuts. Also wondering how much of the piano playing was actually performed by RG. And it was fun to see (even briefly) Tom Everett Scott back in a jazz club. Overall we enjoyed it, but not 14 Oscars worth.
                  Last edited by Dan M.; 31-01-2017, 07:57 PM.
                  sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                    I would like to see Hidden Figures too -- rental maybe.

Apparently the writer of Hidden Figures screenplay went to Melbourne High and graduated the year before me...she doesn't look familiar at all, but glad to see someone representing my hometown!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                      We saw La La Land this weekend. Not quite sure why it got so many Oscar nominations. I enjoyed it mostly for the familiar scenery and locations shown in ways that made them look appealing. I also appreciated the time and effort it must've taken for Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling to learn to dance in the numbers they performed which were highlighted by long camera takes with very few cuts. Also wondering how much of the piano playing was actually performed by RG. And it was fun to see (even briefly) Tom Everett Scott back in a jazz club. Overall we enjoyed it, but not 14 Oscars worth.
                      We agree on this one...Maybe 7/10 for me. - modestly entertaining

Comment

• That's one of those movies that doesn't appeal to me. Can't see the interest.

Comment

That's one of those movies that doesn't appeal to me. Can't see the interest.
                          Well, if you have any interest in music, I Googled it and apparently Ryan Gosling did all the piano playing his character performed in the movie. I'm impressed. The dancing was good enough, the singing was good enough, but the piano playing was amazing.

Comment

• [emoji1303]

Comment

• Watched Magnificent 7. It was just ok. I did read that the guys said they has so much fun making this movie! I'd believe it with that cast. Next on our list is Deep Water Horizon.

Comment

Watched Magnificent 7. It was just ok. I did read that the guys said they has so much fun making this movie! I'd believe it with that cast. Next on our list is Deep Water Horizon.
                                That did look like a fun movie. Would've loved to be part of the crew or cast! I wish they would've made more use of the iconic theme music from the original though.

Comment

Working...
                                X