No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are things near you 4A - have been seeing the fires ablaze in Tennessee?

Comment

• Already a couple of days with frost in the Netherlands.
      Frost castle Doornenburg.jpg

Comment

• Says it's 71 & 98% humidity. Not sure about the actual temp since I've got the AC running at my place and it kicked on to cool it to 78F. End of November in Central FL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg View Post
          Says it's 71 & 98% humidity. Not sure about the actual temp since I've got the AC running at my place and it kicked on to cool it to 78F. End of November in Central FL!
          We had -8 Celsius last night! (around 17F)

Comment

• Great picture! Love the setting. Wow Meg, you're miserable - 98%? Hopefully our storms are over & we can get down to decorating!

Comment

• Brouwer, when I first glanced at your picture I thought the cows had a large white stripe in their hair. But they have something draped around their middle, don't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                Brouwer, when I first glanced at your picture I thought the cows had a large white stripe in their hair. But they have something draped around their middle, don't they?
                Funny you should say that, but these cows are a specific breed of cattle called 'Lakenvelder'. 'Laken' means bedsheet. They look like they wear a bedsheet but it is a pattern. Age-old breed of cows going back centuries. I'm not kidding. Did you know that we are world renowed for our cattle? And that...wait a second, I'm bragging again like a Texan. Well I should because Gelderland, the 'provincie' (state) I live in, is the largest in the Netherlands, and...oh my, here I go again. Is this how Texans feel?

Comment

• Ha! Love that!
                  Aren't the cows pictured similar to our dairy cows??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Your dairy cows are probably Holstein/Friesians also originating from Holland. Holstein cattle are known as the world's highest-production dairy animals, quite different from the Lakevelders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brouwer View Post
                      Funny you should say that, but these cows are a specific breed of cattle called 'Lakenvelder'. 'Laken' means bedsheet. They look like they wear a bedsheet but it is a pattern. Age-old breed of cows going back centuries. I'm not kidding. Did you know that we are world renowed for our cattle? And that...wait a second, I'm bragging again like a Texan. Well I should because Gelderland, the 'provincie' (state) I live in, is the largest in the Netherlands, and...oh my, here I go again. Is this how Texans feel?
                      Kinda proud and pleased? Those are pretty and unusual looking cows. No, I didn't know y'all were world renowned for your cattle. Perhaps because Texas has long been the top-ranking State in cattle.

Gelderland may be the largest state in the Netherlands, but we've already determined that the whole Netherlands would fit inside of Texas. I'm just sayin'.

Just funnin' with you, Brouwer.....I've never seen cows like that here. They are so neat looking! And it's good that you take pride in your state and country.

Comment

• Great picture Brouwer - bragging is allowed on the forum.

Our weather is wet and dismal.

Comment

• 33 this am. Beautiful sunny COLD day today.

Comment

• 35 here in Chicago
                            I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Movin' on Gis![emoji598]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Good luck on your travels.

Comment

Working...
                                X