No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katie: thank u for the B-day wish! We'll "do" my B-day this coming weekend, here. I've been cleaning all week & I have yummy food planned!
    Kevin's not doing good. He's passed 23 pieces of stone - rather large - since his procedure. He's still in a lot of pain. We"ll call the dr Monday.

Thanksgiving, Mo ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sorry I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday 4A - Hope you have a pleasant weekend although it sounds as though Kevin is having a rough time. I hope the pain killers give him some relief.

4A - Thanksgiving in Canada is this weekend - it coincides with harvest time.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Thanks for the holiday information Mo. I didn't know that!
        This is our 3rd round since going to bed last night. Percocet not much help. Nothing can be done - so he rolls around in pain & I sit by him with water, a cool rag & a towel for the nausea. COME ON MONDAY!!!!!!!

Comment

• Ouch, he must be in awful pain, I hope the stones all go away soon. Good that he has a nurse looking after him.

Comment

• Thank u Mo!![emoji40]

Comment

• Ok an update. Surgery scheduled AGAIN for a cysto with laser followed by litho. He has 3 pieces that won't pass 6mm and the 8mm stone still left in the kidney. Oh & 2 stones in the RIGHT kidney oh boy!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                Ok an update. Surgery scheduled AGAIN for a cysto with laser followed by litho. He has 3 pieces that won't pass 6mm and the 8mm stone still left in the kidney. Oh & 2 stones in the RIGHT kidney oh boy!!!

Poor man, and poor you too, it's worrying when your partner isn't at all well. Hopefully they can get the stones removed successfully. What is it that causes stones to form and is there a way to avoid future ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
                  Poor man, and poor you too, it's worrying when your partner isn't at all well. Hopefully they can get the stones removed successfully. What is it that causes stones to form and is there a way to avoid future ones?
                  My father in law had the same. He never complained about anything, but this pain was something else.
                  Hope they can blast those stones to smithereens. All the best for you and your partner.

Comment

• 4A - You likely already know this, but after his current situation is taken care of he should adjust his diet. Below are some of the things that are recommended:

stay away from high-oxalate foods (e.g., spinach, french fries, beets, potato chips, nuts, etc)
                    eat calcium-rich foods
                    don't overdo vitamin C
                    drink a lot of fluids (especially lemonade)
                    don't overdo proteins
                    reduce sodium in diet

Also, I've been told to stay away from all types of tea.

Comment

• yep Style waiting on this latest stone analysis. Last time they were Uric Acid stones, not Calcium Oxilate. Weird, huh?
                      Thank for all your well wishes. I appreciate it, I KNOW THIS IS A REACHER SITE, so thank u!

Comment

• We're all here because of Reacher, but it's great that we also can share what's happening other than Reacher. Prayers for you & yours 4A!

Comment

• 4A, I hope this Ordeal will soon be over for Kevin and you ~ and that he will have a speedy recovery and that your stress level will be able to go way down.

Comment

• Hope things are better, 4AM. Mo, still thinking of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katie View Post
                              Hope things are better, 4AM. Mo, still thinking of you.
                              Thanks Katie - How is hubby doing 4A?

Comment

• What are you doing?

Oh he's ok ... Just passing what they call "pieces" that look suspiciously like large stones. 6 yesterday. His next surgery is planned for December. We're seriously thinking about cutting into the kidney and taking the stone out hole. It's 8mm unpassable and he's pretty sick and tired of passing all of these pieces from previous surgeries that are supposed to take care of the stone supposed to obliterate it supposed to disintegrate it supposed to make it like sand - that has not been the case that is totally false, untrue and we're shocked.
                                Thank you so much for asking I'll let him know that is very nice. All of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X