What food do you dislike and won't eat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well ---
    OMG . - MADE some chicken salad, tuna & egg salad then bought Mrs. Grissom's HAM salad (small finger sandwiches for "the guys at the shop".) Holy cow --- the HAM is terrible -took one bite spit it out, thew the sandwich & container away!!!! ham salad is little more time consuming - guess we'll just go without. yuk

Comment

Headed to mom's for a Labor Day lunch -- y'all wanna bet on potato salad & mac & cheese being on the menu????

Comment

My Great Grandmother's Corn Light Bread: a sweet cornbread that you bake THEN fry.
        2 c self Rising Corn meal
        1 c self rising flour
        2 c buttermilk
        2/3 c sugar
        stir & pour into greased bread pans bake 350. 45-50 minutes of until center is dry.
        you can let it cool or not -- SLICE then with crisco - fry until sides are light brown. serve: it's great warm, cold is ok too.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 4AMNTN; 29-11-2022, 05:00 PM.

Comment

My mom always makes a cherry cream cheese pie on Christmas - it was my dads favorite & mine too! This year in the last month she has injured her back making raise flower beds... she's in lots of pain & finally when she couldn't walk my sister took her to the ER ... MRI was good - arthritis is the diagnosis - sent home on medications. ITS CHRISTMAS! she won't slow down or cancel --- I'll have to get this pie to the celebrations some how! We've scrambled the food responsibilities around, moved the venue & we know it will be a shortened visit. Bless her.

Comment

You know I'm getting tired of pickles— for the first time ever they - (valassic & mt. Olive) have an after taste - ok … carry on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never been a fan of pickles. I like things as plain as possible. I want to taste the actual food, not the add ons

Comment

Haaaaaa. Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by YB View Post
                  I've never been a fan of pickles. I like things as plain as possible. I want to taste the actual food, not the add ons
                  Amen, brother!

sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

I'm glad someone thinks the same as me. In the UK there are numerous TV programmes involving chefs and they all seem to have a massive kitchen full of every spice you can imagine which they liberally slop into whatever they are making

Comment

• Something I ate recently and liked even though I don't care for okra was black-eyed pea gumbo. The okra in it wasn't slimy. I liked the gumbo so well I googled for a recipe when I got home. I'm planning to make a pot soon.

Comment

• Funny I ate a BBQ soup kinda like that recently- it was delicious! Seasonal & BBQ no seafood but like a gumbo? Brunswick stew it was called from here in Huntsville.

Comment

• Welp. Looking into foods for The Kentucky Derby ... of course Mint Julep - ham & cheese biscuits, hot brown sandwiches/sliders, pimento cheese, meringue roses, tomato fritters, KY Derby pie
                          hmmmm what else?????

Comment

• Kinda off topic BUT. -- I'll make a turkey this year - don't think I've made one before. It will just be 3-4 of us. 4 members will be traveling to DC. (2 will stay in MI) SAD, our first Thanksgiving with out BOTH parents & we've already "fallen part". I will cook if my sister provides the location. WE'LL keep it together!

Comment

• We're eating out this year. My wife is having a couple of procedures done earlier in the week and probably won't feel much like eating, so . . . eating out.
                              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• ANY seafood - anything like that - catfish, tunafish - anything -- to me it SMELLS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X