No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh funny YB - my favorite uncle had THAT car! I'll always remember BOTH with fondness! We've always been car people - we used to RACE each other before dating (me 1987 Mustang GT he had 1987 Buick Regal GN - I was a GOOD driver but his car was quicker!)- then married & went to as many car shows each weekend for years! We like the American muscle car - 67 Chevelle - 71 GSX, an 1987 Buick GNX and 67 Camaro convertible- maybe a 1958 vette???

Comment

• We were into cars for many years but ours was Stock Car Racing

Comment

• YB. do y'all get STREET OUTLAWS over there? Discovery channel with 1/4 mile races. We've been watching for years. Of course when we were younger we'd go to Talladega - back in the day! We have a 1/4 track "near" here but we've not been in 30 years. We do still try to make The Buick Grand Nationals at Beach Bend in KY .... ahhh those were the days.
        My BIL did the stock car stuff in Nashville a few years. We'd go.

Comment

• UK Stock Car Racing is, I believe, vastly different to the US version. They may have been the same/similar back in the 1950/60's but they have evolved differently.

A 1/4 mile track would be big to us, 300-350 yards is about the usual. UK Stock Cars are purpose built, not modified road cars. Contact is allowed.

Comment

• A lot of us don't have attics, we don't have basements, so anything extra goes in the garage or in a shed in the backyard. If we want any kind of a workshop area, most of us have to use the garage. We have a 2 car garage. We can fit one car and my motorcycle and my table saw. There's not room for another car, so the extra space gets used for storage.
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Yeah Dan we don’t have a basement either that was one of the drawbacks of buying this house I’ve never had a basement personally I think they’re kind of creepy but Kevin would have loved a basement!
              Anything that’s not an immediate necessity or at least year to year goes to work Kevin where he works he has a 10,000 square-foot building and most of our storage goes there plus that’s where he works on his vehicles all his friends come over and work on their vehicles he’s got those ramps that you can pull up change the oil and get up underneath whatever in the air conditioning so his friends are always by doing something to their cars or trucks… he’s always said if he wasn’t into what he does for a living he would love to restore cars he loves that!!!
              YB we’re usually just interested in the quarter mile straight away should’ve made that clear that’s something around here -in the south anyway that people love to do or out on the street we race red light to red light, course that was back in the day I’m a little old for that now but I did do it last year!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Garages in the UK are a joke, many houses that have one cannot fit a car in them as they are not wide enough, my current house allowed me to park my mini but i had to drive in so that the nearside was close to the wall so i could open the driver door.

So, in mine now is a lot of storage stuff including my tools, motorbike, golf clubs and all my other junk i don't want in the house
                I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• waiting and watching the weather ... every summer it's either NO RAIN or it rains "sprinkles" everyday ... that why this car just SITS... it's not really a Walmart/Publix car either so I only drive it short jaunts OR to Alabama.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Watching golf. 3M from Minnesota.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                      waiting and watching the weather ... every summer it's either NO RAIN or it rains "sprinkles" everyday ... that why this car just SITS... it's not really a Walmart/Publix car either so I only drive it short jaunts OR to Alabama.
                      Is that the CTS?
                      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• What are you doing?

Yes Gis — it’s awesome [emoji1] CTS-V we’ve had it since 2016 has about 6-7k miles. GOOD EYE

Comment

• That's a good looking car, Fours

Comment

• Thank you - it’s nice but we baby it. Can’t drive it many places. Guess that’s prolly why it still looks new. This is my second one the first year they made the CTSV‘s we ordered one and it came in it had a stick shift (only way it was made) in it I’m a good stick shift driver but at my age & for a Cadillac ??? I hated it we had it about six weeks and traded it in for a SRX4( which is my daily driver— just clicked to 100k miles[emoji33]
                            Then Lil Baby the Smart car is my “putt” around car.

Comment

• We bought a 20 year old Jeep Wrangler to tow behind our 24 year old RV. The Jeep only had 46K miles on it. Very clean with virtually no modifications.
                              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Jeep’s are very popular here - but not to pull - Kevin’s first vehicle was a yellow Jeep! Y’all pull ur bike?

Comment

Working...
                                X