What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
    You have a hand placement technique for a handgun?
    With semi-autos (I'm right-handed) I grip the butt, then wrap my weak side fingers around my grip fingers, and line up both thumbs pointing forward on the left side of the frame, strong thumb on top/next to the frame. Similar with a revolver.
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• I've been watching the Convention on and off and the CNN people with their panels. Had a laugh when it seems as though Mrs. Trump may have pinched some of Mrs. Obama's speech. How do you believe what any of them say? The lady who was saying Clinton was personally responsible for her son's death in Benghazi was a bit over the top and I wonder how people can get away with saying that kind of thing without it being slander. Not that I have any great feeling for the Clintons, one 'expert' was saying that the two presidential candidates were the two most negative choices put to the people in the last number of years. Now some of the rock groups are getting upset over the convention using their songs - if it wasn't so serious involving the people of the US it would be quite entertaining.

Comment

• The communications director of the RNC says the song was paid to use in the arena .
        I don't watch CNN Mo. It's the Clinton News Network
        Mrs. Clinton was part of F -- flubbing the call for assistance to the embassy that night. I would feel the same. At least we have PROOF against Clinton; it's not an unproven claim. [emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Didn't know that about CNN - I guess it has its counterpart in Fox News? I was watching again tonight and finally turned it off, I think the speakers should be playing up what Donald Trump can do rather than just bashing away at Clinton but I guess she will be the same when it's her turn. I saw Trump's children and they are all really good looking people, I guess he married a couple of lookers and it shows in the kids. Who would ever want to be a politician, you'd need a skin like an elephant to listen to all the insults etc. A lot of the politicians in Britain came in for a lot of name calling over the referendum whereby Britain voted to split from the European Union. I don't know about our government, they haven't been in power long enough to make a lot of mistakes yet but I'm sure young Mr. Trudeau will put a foot wrong at some point, but he's nice to look at. It's all very interesting and I've been taking a ribbing from a neighbour because of watching the Republican Convention, she said I must be really hard up for something to watch.

Comment

• As a registered Non-Partisan voter, I have both Democratic and Republican leans and have voted for candidates from both parties in the past. In this election, it seems a lesser-of-2-evils pick and I simply could not vote for Trump. He is a bombastic, self-centered, a--hole with no knowledge or experience in foreign affairs or running a government. Additionally, his experience running companies (some of which he has bankrupted) has no bearing on whether he could run our economy. Yes, he could surround himself with people with experience but, as in all 500 or so of his companies, they would end up puppets to his own whims. That could get us in deep doo-doo. Personally, Trump as our President would be an overwhelming embarrassment.

Comment

• I am absolutely sickened by the Clinton commercials, it's unbelievable to me that an opponent can be so savagely targeted in an election race.
              I expect that Trump may retaliate, but, what concerns me is that these types of commercials are expensive and it's the USA tax payer (including me) that has to pay for it
              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Mo, aside from my earlier post the "gun thing" is just a hobby. Like our venture in Harley's, bowling, golf, and working on this house ... It's stuff we do TOGETHER. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• 'The lesser of two evils' vote is scary. We've become a country the sees only Dems & Repubs. I haven't been following simply because it just gets ugly & no actual facts seem to be addressed. It's just name calling & yelling which I don't particularly care for in my personal life so I definitely don't want it on my TV or FB...so the next 3 1/2 months will be very long.

Comment

• So Ted Cruz didn't endorse Trump at the Republican Convention. The man ran against Trump in the race for the presidential nominee. Then he is suppose to do a complete about face? Well, yeah; according to most Republicans.....That attitude is what keeps a lot from getting done in this country. Why good bills never get passed. If the Republicans want it - the Democrats ain't gonna vote for it and visa versa. Even if it would be good for "the people" whom both parties are supposed to be working for.

I'm with you, Meg. I haven't been following any of it either. An article about Ted Cruz and what happened popped up on my screen this morning when I got on the Internet so I read and thought about it. Ted Cruz obviously doesn't think Trump would be a good President so he didn't give him his endorsement. He stuck with his belief in front of the Republican Convention and TV viewing audience.

My personal opinion is that I don't trust any politician as far as I could throw him/her. They may start off honest and wanting to do what is right for the country but Washington has a way of corrupting them. And then there is that "I'm not crossing party lines to vote with the other party" mentality. That's why any President has a hard time getting lots of good things done.

Comment

• I've been watching the Republican Convention, hubby and I stayed up until 11 last night, mostly to see what Ted Cruz was going to do. Trump had insulted his wife and also suggested that Ted's dad was somehow implicated in the Kennedy assassination. Cruz held fast and didn't endorse which may hurt him politically but showed Trump he couldn't get away with his insults. I'm anxious to hear what Trump has to say, he has already said that he wouldn't aid the allies in NATO unless they 'paid up' - my words, he feels that they are not all contributing properly. These two candidates are being touted as the two worst presidential candidates in history. The party is seriously divided - Trump will have to really stick to his written speech tonight and not go off point as he has a tendency to do and tell about his plans to 'make America great again'.

Comment

• Bi-partisan nonsense like Deanie said is what keeps things from getting done. And I do think these are the two worst possible candidates to pick from...and sadly many will stick with these two for fear of 'throwing away' their vote & 'the other one' getting the presidency. Which if everyone voted for the best candidate, regardless of party (Dem, Repub, Green, Indie, etc) then the establishment would get the idea that it's not a two party system and that they work for us! Somehow politics, like so many other things, is seen as a win/lose situation, when it should be a win/win not for the politicians, but for the constituency they serve. Seems everyone has gotten away from the belief that politicians are servants.

Comment

• I'm exhausted, have been watching the Convention since early evening (with my headphones on so that I wouldn't disturb hubby and daughter) and some speakers were a bit more excitable than others, those that I heard in between commercial breaks and the panels on CNN, eight people around the table, some better speakers than others. Anyway, slogged my way through until Ivanka Trump gave the introduction speech introducing her father. She has lots of poise and spoke well then Donald T came on in formal acceptance of the nomination and spoke for over an hour - if he could/can achieve even a portion of what he promised to do it would be incredible but for a lot of it he would have to don the cape of Superman. He had the crowd in the palm of his hand. I have no doubt that he is a very accomplished business man but I'm not sure that he could just take over the White House by storm and immediately solve all the problems he says he will. I don't think I'll watch Hillary Clinton, I think that some of the things said about her may have a morsel of truth and there has been some covering up of some of her bad decisions as Secretary of State. Anyway, it has been intensely interesting, certainly different from Canadian politics. Best of luck to all you in the US having to decide between the two of them. One of Trump's promises was to repeal Obamacare and to appoint Justices of the Supreme Court only the ones who would uphold the Constitution, also the make sure all veterans were properly cared for and, of course, the wall between Mexico and the US - and then the smugglers would just have to dig deeper tunnels. Pardon the cynicism.

Comment

• Mo, what a wonderful thing for you to do - to watch the RNC. Most people here didn't do that. Ive just watched the main speeches thru Youtube. DJT's children are amazingly well spoken, these are hard working, smart, gracious kids. Just think what they COULD have turned into. Many, many, famous kids act out, take the wrong path, etc. I do believe we MAY need a businessman to run the country. OF COURSE he'll have advisors, just like every other President elect. (delete delete delete). I LOVE the words, the thought that those thing COULD be taken care of, YES! Will it as quickly as he says, prolly not. I agree with it all: our borders, our Vets, our government spending, NATO - I agree to point out who's not holding up their part. Come on! That's how things get "in trouble". Catch it! Bring awareness to the fact! Do something about it!
                            We are the first to help, anyone, anywhere & that's wonderful. But to give to countries that outright hate us? No... there are other countries that CAN help. We're not the ONLY one. We need to take a few years, & take care of OUR PROBLEMS here. Then get back into it. Monitoring what we give & whom too. whoM? him?her?them? right??? We can't continue without stopping and reviewing what we're doing. Our government programs are out of control. Double dipping into government programs infuriates me. People that abuse handicap rights. School programs, TN Care, etc.... it's wrong & it's so far OFF that I don't know how they would begin to "police" it.
                            I've got to stop...............

Comment

• It's a date night! We're going to The Palm & see Culture Club at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center. They're back with the original members - not that I would know; it's Kevin's deal tonight. I was too busy listening to KISS, Van Halen, Ozzy. But to dress up (for a change) will be nice.

Comment

• Hey! How about that! It's Nashville y'all!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X