Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Since my last update I have read:

Sycamore Gap - LJ Ross
        Heavenfield - LJ Ross
        Still Dark - Alex Gray
        The Hope that kills - Ed James
        Dark Water - Robert Bryndza

Mr Bryndza is new to me but I will seek out some more. The others I have read previously.

Now on another new to me author P F Ford. Title is: Death of a Temptress featuring Detective Dave Slater. Not very far in but liking it so far.

Comment

• Hello YB - I noticed that you have posted a book by Alex Gray, don't think I've read that one so thanks for the heads up on that. I've read three of the others. Will make a note of P. F. Ford and have a look at that. Hope all is well at your house - do you still go to the car events that you spoke about before?

Comment

• Hi Mo

The Alex Gray book is new, on sale March '17

All is fine at our house, thanks. Hope it is with you and that the ribs are less painful and that Mr Mo is getting better.

We only go to the car racing occasionally now. Perhaps 4-6 times a year. We used to go to 40 plus when I was Secretary of the Driver's Association

Comment

• Don't know any of those authors YB. I'll have to look them up.

Driving Association? Sounds interesting. We are CAR PEOPLE!

Comment

• Hi 4's.

All the books on the above list are set in the UK. The top two in the North East of England, Alex Gray is in Scotland - Glasgow and the others are in the London area. I don't know if that makes any difference to you.

The car racing we are into is Stock Car racing. I believe that the UK version is very different to the US version going by the same name.

Comment

• Currently Reading

Oh YB. We are of the age that the muscle cars are our thing. The 67-71 era.

Last edited by 4AMNTN; 26-04-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• I see Derby cars??? The pictures that I saw looked like demolition cars or what I would call flag cars I couldn't tell which pictures were showing me the correct car.

Comment

• Stock Car Racing (UK style) is a loose term covering many different classes of cars, all racing on the same tracks which can be loose surface (dirt/shale) or hard surface (tarmac/asphalt). The tracks are oval and usually 350 to 400 yards in length. Some of the classes are based on road cars suitably modified for safety and performance. Others are purpose built, something like US Sprint Cars?? I was going to put a picture on by I'm not clever enough.

Comment

• Yes Sprint cars. That's the name I was looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
                          Since my last update I have read:

Sycamore Gap - LJ Ross
                          Heavenfield - LJ Ross
                          Still Dark - Alex Gray
                          The Hope that kills - Ed James
                          Dark Water - Robert Bryndza

Mr Bryndza is new to me but I will seek out some more. The others I have read previously.

Now on another new to me author P F Ford. Title is: Death of a Temptress featuring Detective Dave Slater. Not very far in but liking it so far.

YB, Dark Water by Robert Bryndza is the 3rd book in the author's Erika Foster series. I recently read Last Breath, which is the most recent in the series. 1st book was The Girl In the Ice and 2nd was The Night Stalker. I like Detective Erika Foster so I keep up with her. Keeping up with all the authors and their series, that I like, is hard though. I like way too many.....Reading the latest in John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series now "Golden Prey."

Comment

• Style, make a note. John Clarkson's James Beck series. Two books thus far. #1 Among Thieves and #2 Bronx Requiem.

If you're already familiar with John Clarkson ~ just ignore this.

Comment

• Yes! Waiting for Golden Prey!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                                Oh yeah! I like Deaver - I just read the Rhyme/Sachs.

Still working on The Sleeping Doll...very close to the end! And now I have to work

Comment

Working...
                                X