No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that style of writing isn't my thing and NOW I don't care for the writer. Tho I remember as a kid watching Creepshow - WOW!

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
      Not read a Stephen King for a number of yrears. Don't think he's my sort of thing nowadays
      Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
      Yeah, that style of writing isn't my thing and NOW I don't care for the writer. Tho I remember as a kid watching Creepshow - WOW!
      I kinda agree, but, he's moved on from simply writing horror, i find his books are more creative and plays mind games etc, maybe worth a quick read?
      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• You may be right, Gis. I'll see what my library has

Comment

• So I'm on Will Trent Book 7 - CRIMINAL. The further I get into this series the more I see why people might be ticked at the way the TV series is being handled. I still see the TV characters in my head when I read the books, except Sara Linton because as of Season 1 she has not appeared in the TV show. So even though Faith and Evelyn Mitchell and Amanda Wagner are white in the novels, I still see them as their Black counterparts from the show. Same with Angie Polaski and Will himself. And at the end of the first season they reveal something about Will and Amanda that I THINK is going to be revealed here in Book 7. We'll see.
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• I have the Will Trent series on my iPad, i really need to at least read 1

Comment

• My May/June reads

Lisa Jewell - The Family Upstairs. My first time with this authour, quirky but I liked it

Ed James - The Last Drop. This is Ed in his more familiar Edinburgh surroundings in what he says will be thre last ever story featuring Detective Scott Cullen

Robert Goddard - Blood Count. Not one of his best but OK

Ed James - Before She Wakes. Another featuring Detective Max Carter and set in Seatle.

Deborah Crombie - A Killing og Innocents. These stories freature a husband and wife detective team set in London. I like this cseries although this is the first new one for a number of years

Sue Grafton - J is for Judgement. The Alphabet series featuring Private Detective Kinsey Millhone is good. I have read a few of vthis twenty sonmething series

Peter Robinson - Standing in the Shadows. The last ever in the Alan Banks series as Peter died last year., Good but not one of the best in a series that has been around well over 30 years

Louise Doughty - Platform Seven. A person jumps off the platform in front of a train. The story is told in the eyes of a ghost who jumped similarly before. Ghost? Not for me. Abandoned after 40 pages
              Last edited by YB; 30-09-2023, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• I am reading "Ryan's Christmas" by L J Ross. Looking her up on Fantastic Fiction and her first book was published in 2015, now 8 years later she has written 27. She deserves success for putting in the effort when most authors seem to manage only one a year

Comment

• Turns out The Outside by Stephen King turned into a kinda supernatural type book where the outsider could clone into another person and appear at the same time in different locations and commit murder.
                  So, i was wrong about this being a different book

Started a new author (to me) Jack Gatland and in particular the Tom Marlowe series, 1st book is Sleeping Soldiers, he is an MI5 agent and gets into all kinds of spy type stuff, not sure this is for me but will read it out

Comment

• I'm on Will Trent #10. Good books, although it seems like every book starts out with Will and Sara doubting their relationship.

Comment

• I'm onto the 18th book in James Patterson's murder club series

Comment

• OH YEAH! I've read those for years - I think my last one was about then. Really enjoyed that series!

Will Trent is awesome. The BOOKS! His & Amanda relationship is too funny. Have you gotten to the one with Amanda & Evelyn back in the 70's ? Gotta love Betty too. But now that you've read these do you see WHY it's irks me that the TV series is so OFF!

Gosh I've missed looking at this section, I'll need to visit it again!

Comment

• I've never read any of the Will Trent books, but, i need to, i keep getting distracted by other books, so, a conscious effort is required, i'll make sure it's my second next book

Comment

• There are lots of books/series that I've never read, despite the reccomendations on here. But I'm never short of books to read, the new ones each year by my favourite authors plus all the random ones that come my way

Comment

• Finished Will Trent #11, good book, possibly my favorite of the series.

Comment

• Have actually now started into my first Karin Slaughter's Will Trent series, book 1, lets go

Comment

Working...
                                X