Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since the Reacher book which I read in early January my list is as follows

RC Bridgestock - Persecution. The co-authors, Bob and Carol are former police in my home town. Although their books are set in a fictional town this is obviously based on my home town and adds extra interest to the stories.
    Richard Osman - The Man Who Died Twice. Richard is a UK TV Quiz/Gameshow presenter. This is his second book. Fairly light hearted, some humour and a murder or two
    Casey Hill - Serial. New author to me, OK
    Jack Probyn - The Conspiracy. Another new to me author. I liked this one.
    Ty Hutchinson - Kowloon Bay. Couldn't get into this one, abandoned after around 100 pages
    Brian L Porter - A Mersey Killing. A body appears that has been dead over 30 years. The story flits back to then and now, although "now" is 1999 when the book was written. Lots of reference to the 60's musicians that I was brought up with.
    Rick Mofina - Cold Fear. I've probably read around 5-6 by this author. All are standalones. If you haven't read him he's definitely worth a try
    Alex Gray - Echo of the Dead. Latest in the series featuring Policeman Bill Lorimer, Set in Glasgow. I have read the previous ones. Only started today

Comment

• reading The Law of Innocence by Michael Connelly.

Comment

• I used to read a few Michael Connelly years ago. Does he still write Harry Bosch, Brouwer?

Comment

• I have only read Into the Yellowstone (twice) ...in the last 2years? I've lost my "thing" for reading I think. there may have been a book ONE somewhere in there ---

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            I have only read Into the Yellowstone (twice) ...in the last 2years? I've lost my "thing" for reading I think. there may have been a book ONE somewhere in there ---
            Book One where? For Into The Yellowstone? That's Book One. Book Two to come.
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• OH I HOPE SO.... for the sequel ..... but I was stating other than reading yours TWICE there may have been another book I read ....but can't remember the name? I didn't even finish the last Reacher book.

Comment

• I have two books of short stories on Kindle too. Just sayin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
                  I used to read a few Michael Connelly years ago. Does he still write Harry Bosch, Brouwer?
                  Yep, latest being The Dark Hours (2021)
                  A new one will come out in November: Desert Star.
                  The older ones, from the nineties, I liked the best.

It's all here, great stuff:
                  The Harry Bosch series order and the Mickey Haller series order. Michael Connelly's characters.

Comment

• Than you, Brouwer. I will have to check my library and see what they have

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
                      I'm reading Quicksilver by Dean Koontz
                      Took me ages to read that book, i didn't like it at all and hate not finishing books

Now started on L.T. Ryan's series of Jack Noble books, 1st up is Noble Beginnings
                      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Been rading the post-apocalyptic series Black Autumn by Jeff Kirkman and Jason Ross. Pretty good.

Comment

• Hwy Brouwer! Glad to see you post! As y'all know I'm behind like 40 books. I miss it - just can't get back into the groove. But I have a list a LONG list.

Comment

• I don't read as much as I used to do. I read almost every day but now only 30 or so pages whereas it used to 100. I don't know why particularly

Comment

• I used to be able to read late into the night and have to make myself put a book down. Now I'm lucky to last 30 minutes before I fall asleep. Just like driving.

Comment

• TO kump start my love for reading I am Re-reading Into the Yellowstone. So fr so good. My poor Kindle was dead dead dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X