No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good one 4A, didn't carry on with it, got a bit bogged down about who was doing what. Now have started Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter.

Comment

• I've just started the new book from Brad Meltzer : House of Secrets

Comment

• Have realized I've read this one before but memory being what it is I don't know the outcome, could save myself a lot of money on books on re-reading old ones that I can't remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
          Have realized I've read this one before but memory being what it is I don't know the outcome, could save myself a lot of money on books on re-reading old ones that I can't remember.
          Very funny Mo. I usually try to get my books at the library since I read them & then generally forget them! And if they change the cover I think it's a whole new book until I start reading...and then SOME things seem very familiar

Comment

• Yes, Meg, the story does seem familiar and is becoming more so as I read further on, really two very weird sisters, I wonder how authors come up with all this kind of stuff. But then Karin Slaughter does write stuff that gets a bit gory.

Comment

• I'm finally getting Michael Connelly's THE CROSSING read. Always enjoy Connelly.

And I can't remember if I posted about this, but Margot Harrison's THE KILLER IN ME comes out July 12th. It's a YA psychological thriller, but I think adults will like it just as much. I thought it was quite good.

Comment

• Mo I love Karin slaughter's Will Trent series. Haven't read any other
                Hi Katie! Glad to see u post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Katie, hubby tried reading The Crossing and couldn't seem to get into it, his reading tastes are quite different from mine although I got him a book from Amazon written by Roald Dahl, I think it's maybe a humorous take on farm life. Hubby seems to be enjoying it.

4A, haven't read any Will Trent books by Slaughter, will keep a lookout for them.

Comment

• Sorry about that. Posted on wrong board. Reading The Games a PRIVATE series by James Patterson. Then MERCY by Michael Palmer - well, his son.
                    Mo, another Will Trent comes out on 9/20 "The Kept Woman" by Karin Slaughter

My next few to read: Iris Johansen Day & Night --- James Patterson Bullseye (Michael Bennet) 8/1 --- Chase 8/2 ---
                    September: The Kept Woman (Will Trent) 9/20 --- Tom Lowe's A Murder of Crows summer 2016? ---
                    October: John Sanford Escape Clause (that Fu*k*n Flowers) 10/4 --- Tess Gerritsen Playing with Fire 10/2016
                    November: The Bone Collection, Kathy Reichs: 11/1 --- Cross The Line, James Patterson: 11/1 --- LEE CHILD, NIGHT SCHOOL: 11/7!!! --- Odessa Sea, Clive Cussler: 11/15 --- Chaos, Patricia Cornwell: 11/15 TURBO23, Janet Evanovich, 11/15

Comment

• Reading 'The Bones will Speak' by Carrie Stuart Parks for book club at church. Very good story about a forensic artist in Montana with a serial killer that seems to targeting her for a score to settle. Fast paced with just a few references to the 1st book of the series which I haven't read. Enough of the back story so that I don't feel completely lost.

Comment

• Sounds good Meg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cold Fear,Rick Mofina
                          Just finished reading this spine tingling mystery thriller. Mother, father, ten year old daughter and dog, travel to Montana on vacation. They are city dwellers with no experience of being in the wild. Mother has psychological problem which she feels she can put to rest by travelling back to Montana where she lived as a child. Husband knows she has a problem but is not informed of the real reason. They hike into the wild for miles after leaving their car and set up camp. The wife has fits of needing to be alone and she and husband often have loud disagreements leading their daughter to believe that they have come on this vacation to announce that they are going to get a divorce. The wife goes on short walks just to get away to be with her thoughts, husband chops wood for the fire while getting fed up with the situation, daughter distracts him, he swings for the log with his axe and misses, giving himself a bad cut on his hand, he yells at the daughter while brandishing the axe, she gets frightened and upset and runs off into the forest with her dog following. She gets lost and from there the story takes off. After noticing her missing both parents thinking the other was looking after her they realize they have to get help. Many agencies get involved in the hunt for the the little girl and the plot gets more and more entangled. It does challenge the bounds of credibility but pulls you in as different clues pop up and for me it was a thrilling read. If you enjoy exciting mysteries then I would recommend this one.
                          Last edited by momckee; 07-07-2016, 04:21 AM.

Comment

• wow - sounds intense Mo.

Comment

• I read Rick Mofina but must have missed this one. It doesn't sound familiar. Thanks, Mo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                                I read Rick Mofina but must have missed this one. It doesn't sound familiar. Thanks, Mo.
                                You're welcome, hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                                X