No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've now officially read all the Longmire stories and novels. No more until September. Season 5 will start showing on Netflix somewhere in that time frame too, I believe.

Maureen, did you finish Boar Island yet? Got a report?
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
      I've now officially read all the Longmire stories and novels. No more until September. Season 5 will start showing on Netflix somewhere in that time frame too, I believe.

Maureen, did you finish Boar Island yet? Got a report?
      Yes I did and I really don't have much to say about it, not at all like the Nevada Barr books of old, in fact, at the moment I'm having trouble remembering a lot of the plot.

Had another look at the book to refresh my memory and the plot wasn't one that grabbed me so I read the book and immediately forgot about it. Did you enjoy it Dan?
      Last edited by momckee; 01-06-2016, 05:08 AM.

Comment

• And, I got to lookin' those books "to be read" aren't until later in the year.
        Brad Meltzer has a new one next week. House of Secrets. It's not a Beecher book but I'm going to read it. His stand alone books before Beecher were really good.

Comment

• Still reading Obsession in Death....almost done. Up next is After You.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deanie View Post
            Style, I just saw where Mark Dawson released another John Milton in May - The Jungle. I should have kindled it. Think I'll go do it now while it's on my mind.
            Thanks Deanie.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
              Had another look at the book to refresh my memory and the plot wasn't one that grabbed me so I read the book and immediately forgot about it. Did you enjoy it Dan?
              I haven't gotten it yet. Normally I pick up an Anna Pigeon story first day, but I haven't been as keen on most of the books since BURN, which I enjoyed very much. I might skip this one.
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                I haven't gotten it yet. Normally I pick up an Anna Pigeon story first day, but I haven't been as keen on most of the books since BURN, which I enjoyed very much. I might skip this one.
                It's just that it isn't along the same lines as her usual adventurous stories which I have come to expect, maybe try the library and then you don't have to pay out the dollars and then not like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                  Style, I loved THe Murder House!! I thought it was great. I had "the guy" pegged several times - as I was supposed to I guess.
                  Same here! Finished Murder House. Now reading ' Italienska skor' (Italian Shoes) by Henning Mankell.

Comment

• Brouwer Did u like The Murder House? I must have thought Style was reading it. Gis did u like it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                      Brouwer Did u like The Murder House? I must have thought Style was reading it. Gis did u like it??

Yeah, Patterson is not my all-time favorite, but I liked this one. Like you said, I had pegged the wrong guy several times.
                      I wonder how much Patterson writes himself. Or does he only come up with a storyline?

Comment

• Brouwer ! Yes I thought wow I figured this out -- haha! It one of the better books I've read in awhile

Comment

• Ballistic - Mark Greaney

Comment

• 'After You' is read for book club. Another that I think will be highly over-rated.
                            'Talk of the Town' is read for another book club. A light 'chick lit' type book. Was just alright.
                            Reading 'A Land Remembered' right now for next month's book club. I'm enjoying this one immensely. This is from Amazon...."A Land Remembered has been ranked #1 Best Florida Book eight times in annual polls conducted by Florida Monthly Magazine.
                            In this best-selling novel, Patrick Smith tells the story of three generations of the MacIveys, a Florida family who battle the hardships of the frontier to rise from a dirt-poor Cracker life to the wealth and standing of real estate tycoons. The story opens in 1858, when Tobias MacIvey arrives in the Florida wilderness to start a new life with his wife and infant son, and ends two generations later in 1968 with Solomon MacIvey, who realizes that the land has been exploited far beyond human need. The sweeping story that emerges is a rich, rugged Florida history featuring a memorable cast of crusty, indomitable Crackers battling wild animals, rustlers, Confederate deserters, mosquitoes, starvation, hurricanes, and freezes to carve a kingdom out of the swamp. But their most formidable adversary turns out to be greed, including finally their own. Love and tenderness are here too: the hopes and passions of each new generation, friendships with the persecuted blacks and Indians, and respect for the land and its wildlife.

A Land Remembered was winner of the Florida Historical Society's Tebeau Prize as the Most Outstanding Florida Historical Novel. Now in its 14th hardcover printing, it has been in print since 1984 and is also available in trade paperback."

Comment

• Am reading a book called Hammerhead Six (I think that's the title) - anyway it's about Green Beret special forces shipped into Afghanistan to sort out the bad guys - lots of books about that but nothing much changes or so it seems to me.

Comment

• Hammerhead ? Sounds shark-ish!

Comment

Working...
                                X