No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-reading the John Becker books by David Wiltse - which I found out is NOW on Amazon for Kindle. While we were gone my KINDLE DIED!!! What a horrible few nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
      Thanks again, Dan. I wasn't aware Craig Johnson had a new book coming out. Now I am and have made a note to myself...Self forgets fairly quickly.
      You're welcome!
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Brouwer View Post
        Halfway through The Tourist by Olen Steinhauer. Bit of a struggle to finish it.
        My wife returned The Tourist to the library by mistake. Stroke of luck for me
        Now reading "Kamp Knox" (Onland) by Arnaldur Indridason. Much, much better: a good book feels like a warm bath.
        Last edited by Brouwer; 15-05-2016, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I noticed that you nor Style was too fussy on Milo Weaver. I enjoyed him...different taste for different folks and all that.

Comment

hey Deanie. I've never heard of Milo Weaver, except here.

Comment

Milo Weaver, CIA agent, is the protagonist in several of Olen Steinhauer's books. I liked the character and the author's writing.

Comment

Just started Boar Island by Nevada Barr, it has been quite a while since her last book, should be a good read.

Comment

Did I mention that I got my dad started on reading again. Yep, after a 16 year void - he quit smoking & decided that reading wasn't that much fun. Sad, really. He's on John Sanford's Lucas Davenport now awaiting the 9th book in the series 9-20. NEXT is Jack Reacher. He's already read the Clive Cussler Dirk Pitt books. He used to read ALL the time; he worked "7 on" (21days straight /split 7days 7afternoons 7midnights - then 7 off) Weird way to work --- weird way to grow up.
                  GOTTA LOVE THE SACRIFICES OUR PARENTS MADE :

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                    Milo Weaver, CIA agent, is the protagonist in several of Olen Steinhauer's books. I liked the character and the author's writing.
                    Maybe I'll give Milo a second chance this summer.
                    Just finished Onland (Kamp Knox) by Arnaldur Indriðason, always a good read. Icelandic has a few extra letters like the 'ð' which is pronounced like th in the english word 'that'.
                    Now reading Murder House by James Patterson.

Comment

• Just started into The Murder House by James Patterson
                      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Currently on a reading break as I wait for the 3rd Mark Greaney/Court Gentry book to come available to download from our library.

Comment

• Style, I loved THe Murder House!! I thought it was great. I had "the guy" pegged several times - as I was supposed to I guess.

Comment

• Tried reading The Boys in the Boat & just couldn't get into it. Book club is tonight & I only made it about 100 pages in before giving up.

Finished Water from my Heart by Charles Martin for another book club...great story! I recommend this one. From Amazon....Charlie Finn had to grow up fast, living alone by age sixteen. Highly intelligent, he earned a life-changing scholarship to Harvard, where he learned how to survive and thrive on the outskirts of privileged society. That skill served him well in the cutthroat business world, as it does in more lucrative but dangerous ventures he now operates off the coast of Miami. Charlie tries to separate relationships from work. But when his choices produce devastating consequences, he sets out to right wrongs, traveling to Central America where he will meet those who have paid for his actions, including a woman and her young daughter. Will their fated encounter present Charlie with a way to seek the redemption he thought was impossible--and free his heart to love one woman as he never knew he could?

Reading Obsession in Death by JD Robb.

Comment

• Escape Clause, Shadow Play & 15th Affair…. these are on deck. On my last BECKER book.

Comment

• Style, I just saw where Mark Dawson released another John Milton in May - The Jungle. I should have kindled it. Think I'll go do it now while it's on my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X