No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startes Alter Ego by Brian Freeman. Still can't / haven't finished the last Robert Crais book ... just not that into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
      Gis said "Onto the 4th in the Millennium series of The Girl......by David Lagercrantz since Steig Larrson passed, called The Girl In The Spiders Web"

I tried that one but couldn't get into it. Abandoned about one third of the way in. I really liked the three originals
      Yep, me too, awful writing, deleted from my iPad, now onto the 11th in the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn
      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Love the Mitch Rapp series! And the movie was good too!
        Last edited by 4AMNTN; 03-07-2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Re-read MAKE ME over the weekend. Had new things to say about MIDNIGHT LINE as a result.
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Listening to Winter Prey -- again.

Comment

• Alison Golden - The body in the woods. Decent 7/10
              Quintin Jardine - A brush with death. Latest in the Bob Skinner series. very good
              Graham Hurley - Deadlight. An old one from the Faraday & Winter series. Excellent
              Geraldine Evans - Dead before morning. Not for me, abandoned a third of the way in
              Charlie Gallagher - Bodily Harm. New author to me, good
              Anna Smith - The dead won't sleep, Another new author to me, good
              Susan Hill - The pure in heart. An old one in the Simon Serrailler series. A bit slow, not as good as the others in this series
              Mark Billingham - Scaredy Cat. An old one in the Tom Thorne series. Very good
              Alex Gray - Pitch Black. An old one in the Bill Lorimer series - very good
              Peter James - Dead if you don't. Latest Roy Grace, excellent
              Stuart MacBride - The blood road. Funny and gruesome as ever. I like this series.

Comment

• I'm reading the next in a series written by Faith Martin about a female Detective Inspector who goes back to work as a civil employee reopening and solving old cold cases, this one is called Murder of a Lover. While she is working as a civil employee she attracts a stalker and it's thought that it's one of the employees at the police station. Faith Martin is a good writer, lots of suspense.

Comment

• The Secret Life of Sarah Hallenbeck - enjoyed this book club selection
                  How to Win Friends and Influence People - still good advice
                  The Heart Between Us - another good book club selection
                  Adam by Ted Dekker - just alright
                  Long Way Home - great Christian fiction about a small Indiana town
                  Forget Me Not - quit about 70 pages in...confusing and not holding my interest
                  City of Bones - my 1st Harry Bosch book & I enjoyed it immensely
                  The Violets of March - just started this debut novel from Sarah Jio - I've read a few of her later ones and enjoyed them & so far this one doesn't look like it will disappoint

Comment

• Was reading a book about your part of the country 4A, near Nashville, family epic and if I could remember the name of it I'd tell you. Will have that info next time I come on the forum.

Comment

• Really mo? Yes let me know.

Meg - YB thanks for the list. I haven't heard of any of those except "Bosch". I am "cheat" listening to Certain Prey ... a good one.

Comment

• listening to some books off YT. Gotta get myself to the doctor for a different drug for my TN.... been off the meds now for almost 2 months & wow - the pain is really bad. My reading list will have to wait.

Comment

• Sorry for your problem 4A.

Comment

• thanks Mo. I asked my sister about starting a new med over the 4th & she wanted me to see my internist - there are just too many meds to TRY ... I agree. Can't live off muscle relaxers & time (LAZINESS)

SO. with a tip of my hat I am listening to JAWS for Shark Fest on NAT GEO and next week SHARK WEEK!!!! I've never read the book! I've seen the movie so many times can speak the words along with it.

Comment

• I actually liked the movie JAWS more than the book. The book had that whole unnecessary thing between Hooper and Mrs. Brody and some other stuff that IMO detracted from the story. Plus the book didn't have the scary soundtrack! Does the audio book have it? Probably not due to copyright stuff.

Comment

• Just finished FIRE IN THE WATER by James Alexander Thom, a historical fiction novel about the Sultana steamboat disaster, a horrific, un-talked about maritime catastrophe a week or so after Lincoln was assassinated that was overshadowed by the manhunt and killing of John Wilkes Booth. Great story by a terrific writer, and I hope there'll be a sequel at some point. Usually Thom has a nice bit at the end of a book where he talks about his research into the story. This book didn't have that, which, along with some loose strings, makes me think there's more to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X