No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read Rusty Puppy by Joe Lansdale in one sitting then started What You Break by Reed Farrel Coleman.

Lansdale hasn't written a book in the Hap & Leonard series that wasn't good, imo. When I start one I always have to see what's going to happen on the next page and 'fore I know it I've reached the end. Darn.

Comment

• Following on from the book Holy Island, as recommended by Mo a couple of weeks ago the following link shows the area in which the story was set.

Comment

• Started into Act Of Treason, the Mitch Rapp series
        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
          Started into Act Of Treason, the Mitch Rapp series
          American Assassin is the prequel...

Comment

• Yeah Gis ... that's why I'm on book 7 but it's really book 9.
            Love this series!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Style View Post
              American Assassin is the prequel...
              Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
              Yeah Gis ... that's why I'm on book 7 but it's really book 9.
              Love this series!

Ah, ok, ah well, hope i can remember it all then
              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• I finished Long Way Gone by Charles Martin...loved this one! It's a modern day retelling of the prodigal son story from the Bible.
                Right now I'm reading nothing...all my books are packed for the 'big move', I've started crocheting a scarf and I still have things to pack. Closing is at 9 a.m on the 23rd!!!
                I took your advice 4A and went onto Pinterest. I'm taking the kinda easy way out for thank you gifts...a few bottles of jasmine and mint hand soap & I'll have tags on them with cutesy sayings ("Hands down you're the best!" "Thank you for your helping hands" "Your help 'mint' a lot"), a few small mason jars filled with lifesavers ("Thank you! You're a lifesaver" tags) and one thyme plant for the gardner (Thank you for your 'thyme'" tag). And of course lunch!!

Comment

• Yea! Meg, congrats to you on getting this all together. Sounds fun & they'll love the gifts & your tags are too cute! I'll send a virtual bottle of champagne to you for your move it date! First day of spring???

Comment

• I am reading I am Death by Chris Carter. This is the 7th book featuring Robert Hunter, a LAPD detective. It is from 2015, a new one has just been released. I remember reading the earlier ones a few years ago but then "forgot" about them as I discovered new authors.

The stories can be quite "grisly" as the murder victim's injuries are described.

Anyone else familiar with this series?

Comment

• Not me!

Comment

• Do you not fancy them because they are "grisly", Mo

Comment

• Victor Methos has a somewhat descriptive theme. But they guy that writes the Jacqueline Daniels series is really "grisly ".

Comment

• I have finished Chris Carter's I am death. Very good, despite the grisly and gruesome bits. A definite 8.5 / 10

Comment

• Still Mitch Rapp-in'. And YES, Hurley just made an entrance after being gone for many books.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                                Yea! Meg, congrats to you on getting this all together. Sounds fun & they'll love the gifts & your tags are too cute! I'll send a virtual bottle of champagne to you for your move it date! First day of spring???
                                I'll try to remember to take a picture when the tags are added...and the lifesavers are purchased!!! I am so disorganized right now. And I'll be drinking that entire bottle 4A

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                                Victor Methos has a somewhat descriptive theme. But they guy that writes the Jacqueline Daniels series is really "grisly ".

I've read all the Jack Daniels series and yes those are grisly. I finally charged my kindle back up so I'm reading a chick lit book called Shoe Strings.

Comment

Working...
                                X