Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right To Kill - Andrew Peterson

6 books in this series with Nathan McBride as the main protagonist. This series should fall in the wheelhouse of those that like Reacher-type books...

Comment

• Thanks, Style, I'll look out for those

Comment

• YB - I've been reading a series by LJ Ross, protagonist is DCI Ryan, currently chasing an evil psychopath called The Hacker. A bit gory but the writing is good, set in north east Northumbria. A couple of the books take place on an island just off the coast where the villagers follow some ancient rites connected to the seasons. If you haven't read any yet have a look, you might enjoy them.

Comment

• Thanks, Mo. I'll seek out one of these.

Holy Island, also known as Lindisfarne. Access by road at low tide

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
            Thanks, Mo. I'll seek out one of these.

Holy Island, also known as Lindisfarne. Access by road at low tide
            Yes, that's the island where there are creepy things going on.

Comment

• Started on my 9th Mitch Rapp book, but it's really book 7?? weird

Comment

• I'm reading Cry Baby by David Jackson. New author to me, about half way through. 6-7 out of 10 so far

It got better, 8/10 from me

YB - I've been reading a series by LJ Ross, protagonist is DCI Ryan, currently chasing an evil psychopath called The Hacker. A bit gory but the writing is good, set in north east Northumbria. A couple of the books take place on an island just off the coast where the villagers follow some ancient rites connected to the seasons. If you haven't read any yet have a look, you might enjoy them.

This is my next one, only 50 pages in so far

Comment

• Reading 'Because You're Mine' for book club. Not a fan of this one so far but plowing through for discussion purposes. Writing seems disjointed and the plot seems absurd imo

Comment

• Reading Rusty Puppy by Joe R. Lansdale

Love this series and this book is the funniest of them all.

If interested in some lighter, easy reading and the following synopsis, try them: "Hap and Leonard don’t fit the profile. Any profile. Hap Collins is complicated. He looks like a good ’ol boy, but his politics don’t match. After a number of careers, Hap has discovered that what he’s best at is kicking ass. Vietnam veteran Leonard Pines is even more complicated: black, conservative, gay, and an occasional arsonist. Well, just the one time. As childhood friends and business associates, Hap and Leonard have a gift for the worst kind of trouble: East Texan trouble."

For anyone interested, the books are in the following order: Savage Season, Mucho Mojo, The Two-Bear Mambo, Bad Chili, Rumble Tumble, Captains Outrageous, Vanilla Ride, Devil Red, Hyenas, Dead Aim, Honky Tonk Samurai, Rusty Puppy.

Comment

• Yesterday was International BOOK day? I think. Brad Meltzer wanted peeps to send in to him what they were reading. Lots of nice choices! Me, Vince Flynn: Act of Treason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Style View Post
                        Reading Rusty Puppy by Joe R. Lansdale

Love this series and this book is the funniest of them all.

If interested in some lighter, easy reading and the following synopsis, try them: "Hap and Leonard don’t fit the profile. Any profile. Hap Collins is complicated. He looks like a good ’ol boy, but his politics don’t match. After a number of careers, Hap has discovered that what he’s best at is kicking ass. Vietnam veteran Leonard Pines is even more complicated: black, conservative, gay, and an occasional arsonist. Well, just the one time. As childhood friends and business associates, Hap and Leonard have a gift for the worst kind of trouble: East Texan trouble."

For anyone interested, the books are in the following order: Savage Season, Mucho Mojo, The Two-Bear Mambo, Bad Chili, Rumble Tumble, Captains Outrageous, Vanilla Ride, Devil Red, Hyenas, Dead Aim, Honky Tonk Samurai, Rusty Puppy.
                        I put Savage Season on my list at the library....I'll get to it one day!

Comment

• I liked Holy Island by LJ Ross. Thanks for "finding" this author, Mo. I will be looking for more in this series. The second one, Sycamore Gap is at my local library. I'll have a walk up for it later in the week.

Starting Silent Scream by Angela Marson. New author to me. Police procedural set in the West Midlands (Birmingham area).

Comment

• Have read a couple of Angela Marson YB, she writes well, enjoy!

Comment

• Did anyone get the Amazon memo about the BACK TO BROOKLYN book by Lawrence Kelter? It's the sequel to My Cousin Vinny, yep like 25 years later. But it promises to be funny! I'll check it out.

Comment

• I haven't heard of Back to Brooklyn. I liked My Cousin Vinny a lot...hilarious imo
                                Let me know if you liked the book, please

Comment

Working...
                                X