No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't find it on my Kobo e-reader or in our city-library. So it's going to be a hardcopy from somewhere.

Comment

• Sorry that it's not available for Kobo, it's for free at the moment on Amazon, hate to think of you spending money on something you may not like Brouwer.

Comment

• YB, thanks for mentioning Jay Stringer even though you weren't too fond of How To Die In Glasgow. I read him and seeing his name caused me to check for new releases. He had a new book come out in August, which I wasn't aware of.
        I read so many authors I really can't remember them all on my own. I have to have my memory jogged now and again.

Comment

• I've just finished The Madam by Jaime Raven. Very good, only two days to finish, always the sign of a good one. A new author to me. Bought for a nominal price on Kindle

Starting Murder in Paradise by Greg Wilson. Another author I've not read before. This one was a free Kindle book

Comment

• Finished 'When Death Draws Near' the 3rd in the Gwen Marcey series. Good, but I enjoyed the 1st 2 better.

Comment

• The Ghost War by Alex Berenson. John Wells is an undercover CIA agent...

Comment

• Yes, he is and a good one. I hope you're liking the book, Style. If not, my almost perfect record will have another black mark.

Comment

• The jury is still out on this series Deanie. The first book and this one seem a little slow in terms of action - a lot of descriptions...

Comment

• Halfway through The Whistler by John Grisham. I always love the buildup. Grisham is very good at that.

Comment

• Just started "Home" by Harlan Coben.

Comment

• Originally posted by Style View Post
                        The jury is still out on this series Deanie. The first book and this one seem a little slow in terms of action - a lot of descriptions...
                        Oh, Deary. Well then, I suggest you move on to another author. The John Wells series is not solid action. Too many books out there to waste time on one that isn't satisfying you completely. I think my recommendation list can take the hit. Hope so.

Comment

• I read a Berenson book a few years ago, didn't really float my boat.

As Deanie says there are soooo many books out there it's not worth persevering with a series you are not too keen on.

Comment

• And I'd just bet that authors are glad all we readers don't have the same tastes in books.

Comment

• I have just finished Murder in Paradise by Greg Wilson. It was good.

Starting The Dead American by Jake Needham.

Both were free on Kindle. Both authors are new to me

Comment

• Will make a note of Greg Wilson, YB, don't think I've read any by him.

Comment

Working...
                                X