X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Dan downloaded it this morning! [emoji432]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I have finished Girl on the Train. Different. OK, but not much better than OK. Got to hand it to the author's publicity machine though, getting an "unknown" author onto the big screen so quickly takes some doing. It took Lee Child around 15 years, although the idea of a movie had been mentioned for quite a few years before the first one arrived.

Moving on now to Lynda la Plante's hidden Killers

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
        I have finished Girl on the Train. Different. OK, but not much better than OK. Got to hand it to the author's publicity machine though, getting an "unknown" author onto the big screen so quickly takes some doing. It took Lee Child around 15 years, although the idea of a movie had been mentioned for quite a few years before the first one arrived.

Moving on now to Lynda la Plante's hidden Killers
        Yes, Girl On the Train wasn't a favourite of mine.

Comment

• Thought I was the only one who thought it was just so-so...couldn't understand all the hype about it.

Comment

• Been waitin' for The Cowboy and The Cossack to get made into a movie since the 70s. Still waitin'. It would be a fantastic movie, especially in this political climate where we are so polarized here in our own country, and with the new growing tensions with Russia. COME ON, HOLLYWOOD!!
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
              Night School!! Woo-hoo!!
              Without giving away to much, my country the Netherlands serves as a backdrop to a storyline in Nightschool. Both Amsterdam and Groningen (our most northern city) are mentioned. Great!

Comment

• Oh good to know! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just finished Inside the Whispers by A. J. Waines who wrote The Girl On The Train. It's about a psychologist who has a couple of patients who come for treatment and experience the very same situation but it's false. It was an interesting book but I had an uneasy feeling about it as it seemed to be verging on horror but I didn't set it aside and was glad as it was a really unusual plot. I hadn't realized it was the same author as TGOTT which book I didn't care for at all. The author knows how to keep the suspense tight. She has another book out but I may leave that for a while.

Comment

• Mo, if you read Patricia Cornwell CHOAS comes out Tuesday the 15th. Also, Odessa Sea by Clive Cussler & Turbo 23 for the Stephanie Plum fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brouwer View Post
                      Just finished Jorun Thørring's Ildens øye (The Eye of the Fire). Started in Skyggemannen by the same writer. (I don't know the English title)

Oh,...and reserved my copy of Nightschool, to be delivered somewhere in November.
                      Ok, let's recap: After 'Skyggemannen', 'Mörketid', also by Jorun Thørring, followed by 'Nightschool' by Lee Child. Now the last one I could find by Jorun Thørring, 'Tarantellen' (Tarantula).

Comment

• Finished Hidden Killers by Lynda La Plante. Very good.

Starting Missing Presumed by Susie Steiner.

Anyone on here read it? Author is new to me

Comment

• Turbo 23 from Janet Ivanovich. Already Steph & Lula are at it!

Comment

• Hoping to finish 'The Murder on Pleasant Avenue' on my kindle today. I have a couple at the library to pick up...'The Girl in the Ice' and 'Heading Home'

Comment

• Starting Missing Presumed by Susie Steiner.

Anyone on here read it? Author is new to me

This was quite good. Although as seems to be the case with a lot of books nowadays there was a lot of personal stuff about the lead detective, not relevant to the missing person and the murder victim. 404 pages, the actual story could have been told in 300

Comment

• No, I've never heard of her either. I usually stick to my 20 or so authors unless my sister recommends one or TBJ. Just started Chaos by Patricia Cornwell.

Comment

Working...
                                X