No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm reading "Livia Lone" by Barry Eisler, which came out yesterday. It's looking good thus far. Livia Lone is a detective with the Seattle Police Department. You'd like her, Style......Barry Eisler writes the John Rain series and there will be a new Rain out next year.

Recently read "Dark Water" by Robert Bryndza featuring DCI Erika Foster, "Escape Clause" by John Sandford featuring Virgil Flowers, and Twelve Dogs of Christmas by David Rosenfelt, which is the latest in his Andy Carpenter series. Enjoyed 'em all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deanie View Post
      I'm reading "Livia Lone" by Barry Eisler, which came out yesterday. It's looking good thus far. Livia Lone is a detective with the Seattle Police Department. You'd like her, Style......Barry Eisler writes the John Rain series and there will be a new Rain out next year.
      Wrote it down! Thx

Comment

• I finished "Livia Lone" last night. On second thought, I don't know as I'd recommend it. Very dark subject matter. The main character is a kick-ass take no prisoners kinda person, but she has a way lot of baggage she carries around. She is a detective with the SPD in the Sex Crimes Unit. Everything she does stems from what happened to her in her childhood. She was born in Thailand. Sometimes her inner 'conflicting' gets too heavy.

I had insomnia last night so after I finished "Livia Lone" I read a debut by Bruce Robert Coffin, "Among The Shadows." It featured Jon Bryon, a Portland, Maine, Detective Sergeant. It was a fairly good read. The author was a detective sergeant with the Portland, Maine, police department. He retired in 2012 after more than 27 years in law enforcement.

Comment

• Among the Shadows sounds good Deanie.

Comment

• It was pretty good. Someone is killing former cops. DS Bryon has to figure out who and why and try to keep the inept bosses off his back and out of his hair while he does it.

Comment

• Just finished Escape Clause. It was good. Had several laugh out loud moments too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I've finished Cold Earth. It was good, a bit slow in getting going but worth it in the end.

Next up for me is The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. not sure what to expect of this one but the publicity blurb says it is good for fans of Gone Girl, which I liked.

Anyone on here read The Girl on the Train?

Comment

• YB no, I haven't but I did see Gone Gone (didn't read). It WAS good. Maybe I'll look into this! And HELLO! nice to see you post, hope you're well.

Comment

• Fine, thank you 4A, although it is rapidly coming around to my least favorite time of year - dark nights, fog, rain, cold etc. I'm definitely a summer person

Comment

• YB, I didn't like either of those books as much as all the hype led me to believe...I guessed the outcome of Girl on the Train.

Comment

• Upcoming: Night School! Cross the Line, Odessa Sea, Chaos, Turbo23, re-reading The Murder house - waiting till Tuesday!

Comment

• I didn't have time to read last night what with all my sports and awards watching. I did download Faith Hunter's "Curse On The Land" to my Kindle so I'd have a book ready the next chance I get to read. This is a fantasy/supernatural story. My first preference is suspense/thriller/murder/mayhem books. But I like to step away from all the gore with some fantasy reading from time to time.

Also on the list for this month is Hank Phillippi Ryan, Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Marcia Clark, Janet Evanovich, and Nick Russell.

Comment

• Tomorrow!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Started reading Down Home on my kindle...crap so I've started another called Happy(ish)...hope to get a bit of reading in during lunch.

Comment

• Night School!! Woo-hoo!!
                                sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X