No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounds creepy Mo. Not creepy bad but goosebumps.

Comment

• I have finished the Tana French book. It was OK but dragged a little. 462 pages, the story could have been told in 300.

Next up is Harlan Coben and Home. It will be good to renew my acquaintance with Myron. It's five years since the last one

Comment

• YB - I like Harlan Coben's writing. Not so much a fan of Tana French - have read a couple of her books, the last one, which title I can't remember, I didn't care for but will probably give her another go. Great that you're back on the forum.

Comment

• Hope u enjoy YB. I really like the Myron Win friendship.
          As stated before I wish Coben would do a few flashback books on those two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
            I have finished the Tana French book. It was OK but dragged a little. 462 pages, the story could have been told in 300.

Next up is Harlan Coben and Home. It will be good to renew my acquaintance with Myron. It's five years since the last one
            I think I only read one of her books...possibly In The Woods...and it dragged. Not a fan & not sure if I'll read another of hers.

Comment

• In the Woods was her first one, I thought it OK. The next one was The Likeness which I thought very good. After that they are all no better than OK. They haven't cost me anything as I have had them from the library

Comment

• Best way to read books if you read the paper books.

Comment

• Like YB, reading Home by Harlan Coben.

Interesting contrast - after finishing a Daniel Silva/Gabriel Allon book (Black Widow) which I find highly intellectual and serious and going to Coben with the more whimsical and lovable Myron and Win. Absolutely love both authors and their characters in totally different ways.

Comment

• Has anyone read Demolition Angel by Crais? It's the first of the series with the bomb tech from the Cole & Pike series. ??

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                      Has anyone read Demolition Angel by Crais? It's the first of the series with the bomb tech from the Cole & Pike series. ??
                      I've read that one....a standalone. I remember liking the book, but didn't think it was his best.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by YB View Post
                      In the Woods was her first one, I thought it OK. The next one was The Likeness which I thought very good. After that they are all no better than OK. They haven't cost me anything as I have had them from the library
                      The library or free on kindle is the way I get most of my books. Or used at thrift stores. Very few I buy new otherwise I would be broke!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                        Has anyone read Demolition Angel by Crais? It's the first of the series with the bomb tech from the Cole & Pike series. ??
                        Yes I read this, seems like a long time ago now. I can't remember too much about it but think it was OK

- - - Updated - - -

The library or free on kindle is the way I get most of my books. Or used at thrift stores. Very few I buy new otherwise I would be broke![/QUOTE]

Me too. The only book I pay top dollar for is the annual Lee Child. Here in the UK we have a group of stores called The Works that sell three for 5 pounds, I like looking in those.

Comment

• I read Demolition Angel, but can't remember my level of enjoyment. Too long ago. Also read Home by Harlan Coben and since it was recently I can remember that I thoroughly enjoyed it. But then, I always do enjoy Win & Myron.
                          Just finished Tana French's The Trespasser last night. I didn't hate it....but I didn't love it, either. The author had the lead detective, Antoinette Conway, spending way too much time in the murdered person's mind and in her own...which probably doesn't make sense unless you've read the book. And maybe not then.

Comment

• I have finished Harlan Coben's "Home". Good to get together with Myron and Win again, although I don't think it was as good as some of the earlier ones.

Starting Cold Earth by Ann Cleeve now

Comment

• Just finished Jorun Thørring's Ildens øye (The Eye of the Fire). Started in Skyggemannen by the same writer. (I don't know the English title)

Oh,...and reserved my copy of Nightschool, to be delivered somewhere in November.

Comment

• Oh! I'm reading Escape Clause with that Fu€¥*ng Flowers ha!
                                I read Demolition Angel: Crais - it was alright. Took over a week or so ( not a good sign usually )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X