Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Meg View Post
    I read "The Ice Twins" last year....it was different & just ok imo.
    Yes, it was different, but I loved the scenery. I've visited Scotland several times and it is never a disappointment.
    Now reading "Svarta Lögner, Rött Blod" (Black Lies, Red Blood) by Kjell Eriksson.

Comment

• Im starting the Michael Bennet book from James Patterson tonight. Bullseye.

Comment

• Just finished The Spectator Bird by Wallace Stegner, have read another of his books, Crossing to Safety, really enjoy his writing.

Comment

• Back Blast by Mark Greaney. I like this series with Court Gentry as the Gray Man (protagonist).

Comment

• Struggling thru on chapter ??? Bullseye isn't grabbing me "off the bat" like I like my books to do. uh-oh

Comment

• Book 4 in Game of Thrones. 900+ pages. Figure by the time I finish this one and Book 5, George will be within 5 years of finishing book 6. :/
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Finished Fading Starlight for book club...was just alright.
                Also finished Devil in the White City & skimmed through that one. Skipped all the chapters about the building for the Worlds Fair and just read the chapters about the serial killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brouwer View Post
                  Yes, it was different, but I loved the scenery. I've visited Scotland several times and it is never a disappointment.
                  Now reading "Svarta Lögner, Rött Blod" (Black Lies, Red Blood) by Kjell Eriksson.
                  Finished "Svarta Lögner, Rött Blod". Towards the end the pace picked up, but not one of my favorites.
                  Now: "Glassdukkene" (The Glass Dolls) by Jorun Thørring.

Comment

• Finished 'A Cry in the Dust' by Carrie Stuart Parks and 'When Night Comes' by Dan Walsh.
                    Reading 'The Little Paris Bookshop' by Nina George now for book club. Decent but pretty slow moving book.

Comment

• Am reading A Great Reckoning by Louise Penny, a Canadian author, and it's so good, as are all her mysteries, that I could hardly put it down to come upstairs to go to bed. The setting is a fictional village in Quebec called Three Pines, named after the three huge pine trees in the village, and the main character is Armand Gamache, former head of the Quebec Surete (police), and he has come out of semi-retirement to head up the Surete Academy. His aim is to root out the corruption caused by the former head and set the new recruits on the right path. He hires back the former head who was the main corrupter with the idea that he could maybe get enough evidence to have him criminally charged. However someone solves the immediate problem by murdering him.........I've read many of Louise Penny's mysteries and she is an excellent writer. I just wish I knew how to put in the required accents (circumflex and acute) to make the word Surete look French. So much I don't know about computers.
                      Last edited by momckee; 03-09-2016, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• No No! The Will Trent book doesn't come out until 9-20

Comment

• 300+ pages into Book 5 of A Game of Thrones - A Dance With Dragons. Winter is still allegedly coming. Still waiting for some large scale dragon action too.

Comment

• Dan I've never read those, or watched the movies. Would lose big time in any trivia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                              Dan I've never read those, or watched the movies.
                              I haven't watched any of the series. From what I've seen of pictures that pop up here and there on line, I like my mental versions of the characters better in every case, except for Peter Dinklage, the dwarf who plays Tyrion Lannister. You might remember him as Miles Finch in the movie Elf. Anyway, I'm enjoying the books, but it's interesting (not always in a good way) to watch how GRRM has evolved in style over the years since the very first book in 1996. For instance, there is a lot more usage of objectionable language in this last book that I don't remember in the first two or three books. More cliff hanger endings to chapters, which are based on a character's POV. He has something like 18 POVs in this book, so it can be quite a while before you get back around to finding out what happens next with that character. I'm not fond of that either. Sometimes I forget what was going on with some of them, and it's kind of a pain on the Kindle to go back and look.

Comment

• Mind blown ~~ ppfffft. Wha??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X