Change of characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of characters

Am I the only one that HATES when a book is made into a movie, or TV series and they CHANGE the main characters???? It's beyond off-putting. Karin Slaughter - I will NOT read anymore of your books! AND I about & have done that with LC. Can't make it through his books anymore... has one come out , recently?

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
    AND I about & have done that with LC. Can't make it through his books anymore... has one come out , recently?
    NO PLAN B is being released on Nov 1, I believe.

sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

4AMNTM said: Am I the only one that HATES when a book is made into a movie, or TV series and they CHANGE the main characters????

I don't think the book author is usually to blame, it's the Film or TV people. I remember a few (maybe 10 now) years ago a series created by Mark Billingham. This is a London based police procedural, the main policeman is Tom Thorne and a very prominant other character is the pathologist. His name is Phil Hendricks and him and Thorne are good friends, often sharing a meal whilst watching football on TV. There is lots of amusing banter between the two, partly because they follow different football teams. The TV programme cast the pathologist as a woman

Comment

YB: haaa exactly.

Comment

Working...
        X