No Plan B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Plan B

Anyone bought the latest book and started reading it?
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

I didn't actually realise it was available yet. I thought it was a November release. I'll probably wait to see if Santa brings me a copy

Comment

Originally posted by YB View Post
      I didn't actually realise it was available yet. I thought it was a November release. I'll probably wait to see if Santa brings me a copy
      25th October release date

Comment

Originally posted by Gismo View Post

25th October release date
        I need to keep in touch better. Seen it today in Tesco. (for our friends in the US that is a large UK food store)

Comment

OH no! I'll look it up... thx

Comment

I bought it, haven't started reading it yet though. I just started Crais' new Elvis Cole story today.
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

oh gosh I've almost forgotten where THAT series left off! Thx - good to know!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                I bought it, haven't started reading it yet though. I just started Crais' new Elvis Cole story today.
                I've also got it, but, not in any rush to read it, it's just not the same any more, his books are mediocre to say the least.
                I read them now just to say i've read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gismo View Post

I've also got it, but, not in any rush to read it, it's just not the same any more, his books are mediocre to say the least.
                  I read them now just to say i've read it.
                  I agree. If the first few books had been like the last few then Mr Child would probably have been "just another author", rather than the multi millionaire he has become. He originally said that he wanted to write 20 (or was it 21) books and it would probably have been the best option to finish the series there.

Comment

Well I can say that this is the first book of the series that I DIDN'T know WHEN or WHAT it is about.

Comment

I've read a news story today which states that this new book will be the last from Lee Child. The 2023 book will be written exclusively by his brother

Comment

Originally posted by YB View Post
                        I've read a news story today which states that this new book will be the last from Lee Child. The 2023 book will be written exclusively by his brother
                        I think I would've rather Lee simply ended the series. The new books aren't bad, they're just written differently and they have Reacher behaving differently. IMO, he's less Reacher and more like a regular action hero. There are plenty of other fictional characters out there that behave similarly. Reacher stood out, but not as much now. I'm roughly 40% through this one. It seems to be picking up a little. Hopefully that continues through the rest of the book.

Comment

I agree about ending the series. Many years ago on the old (Lee Child) forum there was speculation as to what would happen to Reacher when the series ended after 20 (or 21) books. a) Would he just ride off into the sunset, b) would he get married (maybe to Jodie Garber) and settle down or c) would his luck run out and he would be killed. It seems now that Lee's brother is writing the stories they could go on for another 10+ years by which time Reacher will be in his 70's

Comment

At book signings in the old days Lee said he would have Reacher bleed out on a ratty hotel room bathroom floor. He even had a title for the book: DIE LONELY. I had my own version of the last chapter that I posted here once before, after he said he would keep the series going as long as people wanted to read them.
                            DISCLAIMER First, this is not the unfinished story that I mentioned a while back. This is something else. Back in the olden days at book signings and in interviews, Lee used to talk about ending the Reacher series by having him bleed out on the floor of a hotel bathroom. He even had that last book named already. He planned to
                            Last edited by Dan M.; 08-11-2022, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Interesting, Dan. I suppose we all change our minds from time to time

Comment

Working...
                              X