Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer

FIFA is upon us! November 20th Sunday. Yes, we will be watching! US, Mexico, England & Uruguay. (Brazil) I downloaded this schedule - it's so interesting!

A lot of controversy surrounding Qatar hosting the world cup.
    A lot of UK media commenting on the lack of human rights, lives lost in the construction and the big one regarding same sex relationships, i'm not getting involved in any of this, but, it will be interesting to see how it pans out
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

We DO NOT follow soccer ... Just the FIFA ... what every 4 years? there are MANY things to get riled up about these days. Our big one was COKE - telling it's employees to be "less white" or sensitivity classes for being white - some BS like that BUT --- there's something EVERY day. We'll watch it - wasn't aware of the controversy - but then again we don't "know" soccer.

Comment

In now seems that Qatar have banned the sale of beer in the stadiums. Problem is the tournament main sponsor is Budweiser!!

Some of the people involved in the decision to take it to Qatar are now beginning to admit that it probably wasn't their best idea. Venues have to be decided well in advance to give the host country lots of time to prepare. It's almost certain that the 2026 event will be held jointly by USA, Canada & Mexico whilst in 2030 it will likely be in a group of countries in South Amrica

Comment

YES! 2026 amazing right? I think that "coming together" will be great. Just being enlightened by events in Quatar - kinda keep to "our" routine - need to work on that. Trying to keep up with: USA, Mexico, England, Canada & Uruguay. Mexico today at 11.

Tennessee Titans. 7-3. 1st in AFC South.
          Nashville Predators. 9-9 currently 10th
          UT. 9-2. currently 9th. (wow were no. 1 just weeks ago
          and of course Vanderbilt hasn't been ranked since ?1948 ... BUT come on!
          THE BIG GAME IS TODAY -HERE THIS YEAR - NASHVILLE ...... Go Vandy!

Comment

There appears to have been fighting/rioting in some cities around the world following some games. USA and England drew - we are all still good friends on here though?

Comment

Of course!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SATURDAY!

Comment

oh well...... but YEA England!

Comment

England knocked out by France. I really thought we do it this year but it was not to be. Maybe in 2026, that will be 60 years since we last won it.

Comment

60? Whoa— we just started watching last FIFA. I was hoping y'all would win too. USA MEXICO ENGLAND- were my 3. Now I guess France,Argentina…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah 60. I remember it well. TV was black and white then. After all this time I can name the England team that day although I can only name a few of the current team. Old age - no good

Comment

Ahhh childhood... I can remember the baseball guys from back in the day - only baseball --had a major crush on Bucky Dent . Then Michael Jordan (luv that guy) was our favorite to watch.

Comment

Won't be home for the game today -- tomorrow prolly and Saturday at 9am we'll be watching.

Comment

ok so.... France?

Comment

Working...
                              X