No announcement yet.

TV: upcoming, watched or DVDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm watching the continuing melodrama on CNN of everyone trying to figure out what Trump means when he says anything. His 'summit' with Putin has everyone wondering just what it is that Putin has on Trump - it's really, really weird, don't know what's happening in the rest of the world, I think Kim Jung Un is quietly figuring out how to put a nuclear warhead on his ICBM, he has no intention of giving up his arsenal. You Americans must be wondering what the devil is going on in the Whitehouse and we have our own Mr. Ford, our Provincial leader, doing whatever it is he's trying to do which as far as I can make out it's not a lot of anything so far except to cancel the current sex education in schools and bring back what came before, whatever it was. Ain't politics fun!

Comment

• Mo, we can't even watch the news anymore. The hypocrisy double standards & the flat out lies & speculation is TOO MUCH!

But one thing I CAN watch is week!
      Attached Files

Comment

• I like your kitty pics, would like to have a cat but no way to keep it in the house with the dog door in operation and the fine is quite steep if a cat is found on the loose although there are one or two regulars in our area who have managed to stay safe.

Comment

• Yes, our cats are adorable BUT they are not people friendly. The ONLY person they see apart from us is the Bug man. My parents have only been here 4-5 times & we've put the cats up. When we go to the Vet - good Lord! My sister was here last week for 1 night & I caught Sophie panting like a dog whenever she saw/heard my sister. Was very sad for me. We've never been away from home more than 2 nights in 26 years because they NEED us. But when we're here they're asleep - ha!

Comment

• Tonight 8pm shark week

Comment

• Week going strong! New footage is always a good thing. NATGEO had a great week last week, too.
              Attached Files

Comment

• We're watching recorded "America in Color" - they're good. 1920's 30's and tonight 40's 50's.
                1. Didn't know there was a bombing on Wall St. in NYC in 1920.
                2. Didn't know Fox News (radio?) was around back then either.
                3. Didn't know the Klan didn't like Catholics.
                .... lots of stuff to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                  We're watching recorded "America in Color" - they're good. 1920's 30's and tonight 40's 50's.
                  1. Didn't know there was a bombing on Wall St. in NYC in 1920.
                  2. Didn't know Fox News (radio?) was around back then either.
                  3. Didn't know the Klan didn't like Catholics.
                  .... lots of stuff to learn.
                  What channel is that on, 4?
                  sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Hey Dan ... it's the SMITHSONIAN Channel. DirecTV 570. They're recorded - since June? But they're really good. Talked about a great flood on the Mississippi in 1926 that I didn't know about. I did know of the sacrifice that FORD made for his country - and THEN the Ford Massacre we saw on a O'Reilly History - which was shocking! But they didn't mention the Hindenberg ????
                    Really interesting! I hope you find it, if not I have it recorded.

Comment

• TV: upcoming, watched or DVDR

What I learned new about 1940’s : SPOILER!!!!!
                      FDR elected for 4 four 4 terms
                      I knew the US rounded up [emoji627] Americans but not the conditions & not for THREE years
                      ANOTHER FOX News mention
                      The DEMS wanted to keep segregation
                      ‘49 public housing
                      Wow [emoji44]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by 4AMNTN; 01-08-2018, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• watched a 2 hour special on The Godfather. pretty good.
                        I have recored SIX and Yellowstone. We're saving these to binge watch over a weekend.

Comment

• Again watching TV we saw a special on Alex Trek. OBJECTifed. It was really good. Guy's funny, smart & seems down to earth. We're Jeopardy fans - every night at 5p.

Comment

• Just bought tickets to go see The MEG on Sunday. I'll let y'all know how is is. Pretty sure it's gonna be a let down, but maybe not.

Also want to see Mile 22 next week! actually the NEW MI movie looks good - only saw the first one & this is like 6 or 8 ????
                            THEN: Night School - Kevin Hart is too funny
                            The Old Man with a Gun .... this looks good, prolly a tear jerker too. the cast is awesome.
                            First Man is a prolly (one of my fav films is Apollo 13) -
                            Bohemian Rhapsody in NOVEMBER - love Queen
                            BumbleBee looks like a rental.
                            Of course The Grinch (tho I'll never like anything as much as Jim Carrey's role)

Comment

• Oh my gosh! We watched GAME NIGHT last night. Funniest movie I’ve seen in awhile! Oh my

Comment

• The MEG. Ok let’s be clear I luv sharks 🦈
                                But this movie wasn’t that gr8. I liked most of the cast but it was predictable and at times awkward. One surprise and a few JAWS references. Jason Statham was SO HOT ~~ WOW[emoji14]

Comment

Working...
                                X