X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished with the 1st season of Vikings, pretty good so far
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Anyone watch those Aerial Americas? They're doing cites now. Vegas was good, Chicago too!

Comment

• I bought a DVD of an English detective series, Series 2, which left me absolutely baffled, should have gone for Series 1, then the strange looks which were passed around when a subject or someone's name was mentioned would make sense. It's called Broadchurch and I think I may have actually seen an episode of it a year or so ago and remember that a dead body was found on the beach. I don't think I want to investigate any further as I might be just chucking good money after bad.

Comment

• Never heard of it Mo.

Comment

• You probably wouldn't 4A because it's a Brit series, they usually are really good and our son recommended it. I think they had watched the whole thing not just Series 1 or 2, so it would all be clear to them.

Off to bed, have been really tired today although I did haul the leaf blower out of the garage to clear the peanut shells left by the bluejays around the front of the house and found it really heavy - wasn't a biggie but the weather had suddently shot up to 60 and the outside was beckoning. Not as spry as I used to be. Need to do some exercises to get my joints moving better again, have done a lot of sitting and reading during the winter.

Comment

• Oh, Mo... haven't we all. I do understand the need to "keep moving" as we get older. My parent have done an excellent job up until ... this year. They both have their Master Gardner classes & there yard as I've said it beautiful. But as Momma says "those 4- bags of mulch as a little heavier every year".

Comment

• Hi Mo.

Broadchurch was made for British Television and set in a fictional small town on the south coast of England called Broadchurch. There have been three series, screened in 2013/15/17, each eight episodes long.

The first series deals mainly with the murder of an 11 year old boy, the two main characters are police officers and it follows them interviewing all the possible suspects until they eventually apprehend the perp in the final episode.

In the second series the main issue is the events leading up to the trial and to the trial itself.

The third series features a completely different crime although there are numerous references and scenes relating to the original murder.

One of the principle characters is played by David Tennant, not sure if his name means anything to you but he is well known in the UK having appeared in a lot of things on TV including the part of Dr Who for five years. Not sure if Dr Who means anything to you, I don’t know if it was shown worldwide or not but it has been around on UK TV for a lot of years. The first episode was shown in 1963 and continued every year until 1989. It then returned in 2005. He also appeared in one of the Harry Potter films.

His co-star was Olivia Colman, again well known in the UK. She was in the film The Iron Lady.

There was a US version which covered the UK series one only. This was called Gracepoint and was shown on the Fox channel in 2014. Again David Tennant played his part but the rest of the cast were different people to the UK version.

I thought it was quite good, although I admit it wasn’t the most gripping series ever. Mrs YB was less impressed although I did persuade her to stick with it. It was fairly slow moving and her opinion was that the 8 episodes could have easily been condensed into 4.
                If you are used to programmes where the crime takes place and the murderer caught in a one hour show (only 45 minutes if you subtract the commercial breaks) then Broadchurch will seem slow.

I don’t believe there are any plans for a fourth series.

Comment

• Found the 3rd series of Outlander on Amazon Prime, that's me sorted for the next couple of days

Comment

• I had heard of Dr. Who, seemed to be very popular. The acting in Series 2 was fine, it was just I had a difficult time following what was taking place. I did watch it up until the trial and it looked like it was going to be quite a battle between the lawyers. Anyway, the way my memory is these days I sometimes have trouble keeping track of the various characters in a book!

Comment

• I've only seen season 1 of Outlander...what a great series of books...my dad was the one who read them first and then bought me copies.
                      Still hoping for season 1 of Timeless to be available on-demand. Saw only the 1st episode and really enjoyed it.

Comment

• Oh my gosh, we watched CHiPS again yesterday ... oh too funny!

Comment

• Watched 2017 The Mummy —- didn’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Picked up season 2 of Outlander from the library. Have watched the 1st 6 episodes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg View Post
                              Picked up season 2 of Outlander from the library. Have watched the 1st 6 episodes.
                              Good stuff, i'm into season 3 on Amazon Prime

Comment

• No! Lucifer was NOT renewed? And can u believe this about Clayne Crawford's role on Lethal Weapon?!?!?!?!? What happened to The Good doctor? OR The Brave? What's going on on TV? TBBT is gone now too.

Comment

Working...
                                X