No announcement yet.

Movie Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see someone on here, thought everyone had left town. We're just working our way through all of the episodes of Foyle's War, a Brit production featuring a detective in the seaside town of Hastings, England during WWII - we are really enjoying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
      On the other hand, I really liked Collateral Beauty more than I thought I would. I think Oscar noms for Best Picture and Best Actor are going to happen. Great story, somewhat predictable, but very, very well done in spite of its predictability.
      Hey Dan - Happy Healthy!

I had a similar reaction to Collateral Beauty. The story was pretty plain to me but the acting is superb. I would have trouble advising somebody that it's a must-see, but definitely wouldn't discourage them from paying to see it (particularly if they like Denzel). I went 7.5/10.

I don't remember if you'd commented on The Accountant. I thought it was the best movie of the year! It won't likely be one to pick up any awards, but I highly recommend it.

Comment

• I'm looking foward to rogue one and collateral, no idea when I'll be home to see them though
        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Good to see someone on here, thought everyone had left town. We're just working our way through all of the episodes of Foyle's War, a Brit production featuring a detective in the seaside town of Hastings, England during WWII - we are really enjoying it.

We liked Foyle's War also Mo. Particular fave was Honeysuckle Weeks as Sam. Unfortunately no further series are planned (although that could change)

Comment

• I'm looking forward to Collateral Beauty. I've heard good things, here and elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Style View Post
              Hey Dan - Happy Healthy!

I had a similar reaction to Collateral Beauty. The story was pretty plain to me but the acting is superb. I would have trouble advising somebody that it's a must-see, but definitely wouldn't discourage them from paying to see it (particularly if they like Will Smith).
              Fixed it for you. Still need to see The Accountant.
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Saw Rogue One in IMAX 3D in a new Pathe cinema in Arnhem (Arnheim): wow, one of the best Star Wars episodes IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                  Fixed it for you. Still need to see The Accountant.
                  Oh crap!!! I actually had my movies mixed up. I did see Collateral Beauty with Will Smith and was pleasantly surprised. The reviews were absolutely awful with one critic saying it was the worst movie of the year and another saying that they wasted the casts talents. I liked it, though I wouldn't rave about the acting as much, and will still go with the 7.5/10.

The movie I confused it with was Fences with Denzel Washington. I saw that over the weekend and as I stated above, "The story was pretty plain to me but the acting is superb. I would have trouble advising somebody that it's a must-see, but definitely wouldn't discourage them from paying to see it (particularly if they like Denzel)." Great acting by all...

Dan, let me know your thoughts on The Accountant - I gave it a 9.5/10.

Comment

• Rented Sully this weekend, it was slow. Not as good as I was expecting. We rented the last Bourne movie but our weather is so bad that it wouldn't play ... DIRECTV???????

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                      Rented Sully this weekend, it was slow. Not as good as I was expecting. We rented the last Bourne movie but our weather is so bad that it wouldn't play ... DIRECTV???????
                      Really?? I loved Sully. And last night we finally saw Captain Phillips for the first time. Another great Tom Hanks film!
                      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Yes, I liked Captain Phillips. I did like Sully. It was just slow. I guess after Denzel's FLIGHT... wow, that was good. They're only a few Hanks movies I would say I didn't like. very few. ONE being Joe vs. the Volcano, Bon fires of the Vanities. BUT, he's in several of my favorite movies, ONE being Apollo 13.
                        Saw Bourne, and uh... it was a Bourne movie. Love the fighting scenes. But did we really solve anything? I guess another movie will come!!!

Comment

• Dan ... this is "us" watching Captain Phillips she was so cute sitting' there... fat but cute!

Comment

• Finally got around to watching Rogue One, oh oh, SPOILER alert, am i the only one disappointed, 2 hours in before we see a light sabre, no Chewy and a cameo appearance by C3PO and R2D2.
                            Gets a 5.5/10 from me
                            I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Gis, not into the Star Wars star trek thing. So no spoiler for me!

OH MY GOSH!!! The cutest thing & my new internet YT addiction is baby flying fox BATS. Megabattie has so many videos & she is a wildlife care taker rescues then releases. these are the cutest things out there!!!

- - - Updated - - -

example: https://youtu.be/bVsWNNScZ4Y

Comment

• Gonna rent Magnificent 7. Tried to watch original but couldn't sit still. I know it's ranked in the top for movies of all time, but...

Comment

Working...
                                X