What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
    Dan are the fires near u? I’ve been very confused- didn’t realize there are 2 fires. One north of Sacramento & one ? near LA? Why is there not more on the news about this ??
    The one near LA is about an hour away. Actually there are two near LA, but the Woolsey fire is the one making the news in the south. We had another fire start east of us yesterday, but it was suppressed very quickly due to it's location.

The Camp fire near Chico up north of Sacramento is now the worst fire in CA history as far as damage, and probably lives lost when they are able to get in and find everybody still missing. The prolonged drought has turned CA into a literal tinderbox. We had one decent rainy season a couple of years ago, but it wasn't enough to turn the damage around. The fires will probably get worse before they get better. The Sierra Nevada range is loaded with dead pines up and down the length of it, with lots of small historic mining and resort towns, etc. sprinkled up and down the length of it. The foothills all along the base are just as dry. There's not enough money or access to the mountains to clear the millions and millions of dead trees. It's going to be bad like this for a long time to come, IMO.
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Dan, that is really frightening, is it true that the Feds should be arranging to clear cut some of the forest to try to prevent these infernos. I know Trump didn't seem to realize that the forests were Federal and his administration should be looking after it. He was sounding off about nothing was being done but then his admin should be getting involved if they are responsible. Or is cutting back some of the forest not an answer? Hope you are staying safe. It's terrible that people have to leave their homes and end up with nothing, so very tragic.

Comment

• cold & wet ... very cold!

Comment

• 1 degee celsius and a bit of snow falling.

Comment

• ooooohhhhh!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
              ooooohhhhh!!!!!!
              Currently 33 & ice for the next 120 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• We've been having temperatures in the mid 40's, dropping into the 30's at night. The next week or so the forecasters are saying it should be in the mid 50's most days. And we know they are always accurate

Comment

• High today was 0 C - and it's not getting any warmer for the rest of the week. Glad I can sit in my big chair and look out and watch the birds. Some birds, the lucky ones, are inhabiting the bird houses during the night. Usually only in there during nesting season but they probably like a warmer berth for overnight.

Comment

• Funny YB! It’s sooo true!
                    We’re gonna invest in some bird houses of different sizes soon. I’ve been reading up on open widths & sizes & styles.

Tonight’s the CMA in Nashville—- boy they’re gonna be cold! Nasty weather [emoji3063]

Comment

• Cold and some snow predicted,not too much so far. Going for an afternoon nap now, love my bed!

Comment

• ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Comment

• Snow melted but cold stayed around - it looked absolutely Christmas card beautiful last night. Just a total fairyland.

Comment

• I can see it in my mind! We had a beautiful sunny day yesterday 50's & today will be the same at 60. I can't believe our Thanksgiving is 1 week away!!!! It's all I can do NOT to turn the music clocks on Christmas music! And our local 92.9 starts Christmas music on Thanksgiving! - just can't wait!!!!!

Comment

• A gorgeous weekend. Yesterday was a bike ride down in Sebastian/Fellsmere area. There is a trail there that goes over I95. Showed up and apparently it was opening day...lots of people for the opening ceremony and ribbon cutting. Got a free t-shirt. The trail is wonderful and it was a beautiful cool day for a ride. It was about 60F yesterday morning and the rest of this week it's supposed to be below 80F!! I'm so glad for a break from the heat. Today was church, then yoga and a quick shopping trip, cookie making and then Sunday dinner with my brother, SIL and niece.

Comment

• Meg so inspirational to hear of ur schedule! Wow! Love that u LIVE life![emoji169] wonderful [emoji3059]

Comment

Working...
                                X