No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got bucketfuls of rain last night, the tail end of the tropical storm I guess. Hopefully the weather settles down now, enough is enough for goodness sake.

Comment

• Yes Mo I agree. We’re rainy today[emoji943]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• no rain for a few days here which has been a nice break, but possibly some rain tonight. It has been really humid though

Comment

• Getting cooler, put the duvet back on the bed - getting down at night nearer the single digits.

Comment

• cool front next week...which means it'll be in the 80s...I'm ready for cooler weather

Comment

• Blustery warm wind today then sheets of heavy rain, then a bit of sunshine, apparently there's a cold front has moved through and temp tonight will be 7C, 34F, so it's getting down there now.

Comment

• beautiful today - woke up to a temp of 40! It will be in the 40's at night all week.

Comment

• H O T ! ! It's been in the 90s and will be for a few more days. Got away from it into the mountains for a bit over the weekend, but back in it again now. Ugh!
                  sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Good for you Dan! Here? It was 35 this morning!!!

Comment

• Dan, how far away do you live from where those horrible fires are?

Comment

• From the really bad ones in northern California, we are over 400 miles away. From the Canyon 2 fire that happened last week, we're about 20 miles. Other fires come and go, here and there. One popped up near where we were in the mountains on Saturday, but was quickly contained and extinguished. Another popped up today 30 miles away on top of Mt. Wilson where all the broadcasting towers for our local TV stations are located. There's an observatory there too. It seems to have been contained as well, as I can only see a little smoke from my cubicle anymore. We had a really devastating fire up there 6 years ago, so there's not as much material to burn as there was.

Comment

• Both cooler at night and the early mornings, it's super nice
                          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Dan, so glad you're 400 miles away from the big one. Does it just seem like fires break out in California more often than any other state or do they? And if so, why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                              Dan, so glad you're 400 miles away from the big one. Does it just seem like fires break out in California more often than any other state or do they? And if so, why?
                              Good question. Maybe California fires make the news more often due to many of the areas that burn are more populated than fire-prone areas in other states. Plus, this time of year we get frequent high pressure areas out over Las Vegas/UT, AZ that cause hot dry wind to blow in from the desert. With all the people around fires get started more easily and stuff burns when the humidity is low and the wind is blowing.

Comment

• Pretty scary being anywhere near the fires Dan, they seem to just flare up and are unstoppable, glad that things seem to have calmed down a bit. How do people manage whose whole life has been burned to the ground, I can't imagine what it must be like.

We had our first hard frost yesterday morning, the roofs were all white and there's a cool breeze comes in the bedroom window at night so I have to be careful to make sure the window isn't open too wide before I get into bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X