No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Snow? ❄️I would love another snowy winter this year. We get one about every 10 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
      Look at all the space you guys used that could've been used for posts like "Cold here."
      Cold here, in the Netherlands

Comment

• Brouwer: tell us here in the US more about YOU! We should go around & tell about OUR surroundings!!!

YOU GO!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
          Brouwer: tell us here in the US more about YOU! We should go around & tell about OUR surroundings!!!

YOU GO!

Okay, here goes.

I live in Zutphen (the Netherlands) where I'm also one of the city-counselers. I'm up for re-election in 2018 ;-)Installation.jpg
          Zutphen is a lively market-town dating back from the Middle Ages, hence the nicely preserved medieval city centre. Zutphen_market.jpg
          We already had city-rights in the late 11th century, so we're older than Amsterdam (60 miles away).
          Moderate climate, our summers can be wet like in England (this summer was dry btw). Sometimes snow in winter.
          Long tradition of trade (Hanze) because of our river IJssel. zicht-op-zutphen-en-ijssel-in-de-mist_22343327582_o.jpg
          We own a nice house (herenhuis) just outside of the old city-wall. It looks a little bit like a classic brownstone. It dates from 1904 so I'm forever repairing/renovating.
          Per usual I'm on Twitter,FB,Google+,Flickr etc. I love running. Rotterdam marathon.jpg

How about you guys?

Comment

• Will look for you on FB Brouwer but it will probably all be in Dutch! Your town sounds really interesting, will let 4A tell you about her marvellous country spread and then I'll chime in at some point with our fairly ordinary suburban home. Lots of history in your region, good for you with the running, do you enter Marathons?

Comment

• I think he does, Mo. Last picture said Rotterdam Marathon.

Comment

• How on earth did you see Rotterdam Marathon Deanie ? If I enlarge the photo it just gets blurred, will have to try it on the Desktop computer to see if it's clearer than on my IPad.

Comment

• What's your weather like?

Brouwer: that's so nice with the pictures and all! thank you for sharing. Must be beautiful to have those old buildings around. That's one thing about NYC we always liked was the architecture. And what a great healthy hobby to have. Mo, you know I love to talk so maybe someone else can give it a go?
                  Last edited by 4AMNTN; 27-10-2016, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
                    How on earth did you see Rotterdam Marathon Deanie ? If I enlarge the photo it just gets blurred, will have to try it on the Desktop computer to see if it's clearer than on my IPad.
                    If you right click the image and select save as it comes up with the actual file name he used to save the image in the first place, which, conveniently was called Rotterdam Marathon
                    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
                      If you right click the image and select save as it comes up with the actual file name he used to save the image in the first place, which, conveniently was called Rotterdam Marathon
                      It actually came up really clear on the Desktop computer - good for you Brouwer - really envy people who can run that distance. When I was young - a very long time ago - and was on the track team, I found that the 440 around the track was about as much as I wanted to run! I was o.k. for a leg of the relay team - I liked field sports better, less running involved.

Cold and rainy here today - still have leaves on the trees and some haven't even turned colour yet, really strange. Must be nearly winter though, have started wearing bed socks, but that's o.k. when you're a senior citizen. No more heat and humidity, wonderful.

Will give a description of the fair city of Burlington on the shores of Lake Ontario at another time. It's almost the witching hour now.
                      Last edited by momckee; 28-10-2016, 04:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
                        Will look for you on FB Brouwer but it will probably all be in Dutch! Your town sounds really interesting, will let 4A tell you about her marvellous country spread and then I'll chime in at some point with our fairly ordinary suburban home. Lots of history in your region, good for you with the running, do you enter Marathons?
                        Thanks for all the nice comments!
                        Yes, I do Marathons. The Rotterdam Marathon was the second one I did and is one of the most populair City Marathons. I loved it. Thousands of people cheering you on. Great.
                        My first Marathon is another story: in the middel of winter! With no spectators. Grueling! Still amazed that I finished that one. (Zuiderzee Marathon, now discontinued and I'm not surprised )
                        Long distance running does something with your brain. Sometimes it's difficult to get going but you know that you will be rewarded: you always feel better and revived after running.

Comment

• That's great Brouwer, I'm sure the running does marvellous things for your health and general well-being. Dave's (my hubby) cardiologist has a whole roomful of number tags on the wall from running in marathons, Boston and others, plus shorter runs 5 and 10K and he is a bundle of energy.

Comment

Brouwer looked into ur town a little more. The pictures are beautiful. Old place. We have about 45k people in our county too. Zetfen you'd pronounce...
                            That's seems real close to Froggie. And your temperature is about 20 below us here in Tennessee, [emoji631]
                            Im curious- the picture with your name. - is it your cat? I have a mackerel tabby too! Simon, she's 11 (she's my favorite) shhhh don't tell anyone. [emoji850]

Comment

• The cat's name is Jacob (Japie) He really could look into your soul.
                              He suddenly died two years ago (cardiac arrest) sadly. They call it Hypertrofic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) I think. It's quite common for cats they tell me.
                              Dearly missed, our Jacob. He could open doors himself. Great fun to see him do that. He would stand on his hind legs and would pull down the door handle with his front paw like it was the most normal thing in the world. Big cat.

Comment

• Brouwer, looks beautiful! Maybe more grey than darker like Simon. But you know those tabby's a variety of colors! Do you have another? We had a Siamese that could do that. Nikko was our first cat, cat 101 so to speak & now total of 12 cats later & 38 rescued & placed cats we're "pros". haha! I'll try to find a Simon video & let you see her. She's only 7 lbs, but she's 11 and ACTS like 2.

- - - Updated - - -

https://youtu.be/twNuy-nBmwQ hope this works.

Maybe we should move this to Introduce yourself? Off topic

Comment

Working...
                                X