No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're getting a few days of off and on rain starting overnight tonight. Hopefully it will get us up to our average for the time of year. Currently we're below the average rainfall.
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• We can usually get out, we are right in the middle of the town so gritters take care of the roads.
      Walking the dogs are the hardest, they have short legs and jump instead of walking, funny, but not practicable

Rain overnight has disolved most of the snow away, big thaw on as well means everything is absolutely drenched
      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• We live very close to the hospital so the roads are usually cleared well and in good time. Our only problem as getting on to the main road from our drive. As Gis says it is warmer here today and the ice is melting but not gone yet
        Last edited by YB; 20-01-2024, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Glad for you Dan - I know that rain is usually needed out there, right.... in moderation tho.
          Gis -- can't imagine trying to walk a dog in this weather. ouch. I've been trying to get my sister (who has a new golden doodle pup) to get one of those FRESH PATCH real lawn squares -- for nights & bad weather. It's a service - neat!
          YB, that's is scary about the drive - we used to have that growing up - thankfully not now. I remember saying "yeah I know the main road are good But I can't get out of my driveway!" ha! I had to admit this but this weather for Kevin's business is like Halloween for DDS. Hot water heaters leak - Good luck with your icy weather ! Thx for sharing

Comment

• I think I would describe it as typical January weather in the north of England. Mainly cloudy, odd spells of sun, some rain, temps around 40 during the day

Comment

• Well, it was sunny and 80 today, gonna be 80 tomorrow, but more rain predicted by Thursday.

Comment

• Not as wet but windy, a few degrees above freezing

Comment

• Oh Dan! I've been hearing southern CA is expecting lots of rain! Do take care!
                  It was 70 yesterday-wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• A lot of blustery days with winds around 15 to 20mph

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                      Oh Dan! I've been hearing southern CA is expecting lots of rain! Do take care!
                      It was 70 yesterday-wow

We will, thanks! We're hunkered down to ride it out. We aren't in any of the actual danger zones. Not near any rivers/creeks that would overflow, not close enough to the beach for coastal flooding, not near any mud slide areas, Barring a dam failure on the Santa Ana River, the worst that could happen is a leaky roof or some localized street flooding.

Comment

• Well all that's good to hear it looks horrible out that way our big flood was May 2010 … and I can still hardly watch the videos about it. We were fine, but Nashville was really bad.

Comment

• Still raining, still okay here in our area, despite the videos you're seeing in the news. Almost all those are in canyon areas that have problems every year. This year they're just worse problems for those areas. So far our big hardship is our dog doesn't want to go out in the rain to do his business.

Comment

• haaa -- bless it. And Chuck? will be ok? I'm trying to get my sister to get one of those Pet Grass Pads. Just for the garage or back covered porch for when it snows or rains -- AND Y'ALL KNOW Alabama has the reddest muddiest clay dirt!
                            It's true & also a movie reference to My Cousin Vinny - ha!

Comment

• Dan - where was I yesterday that I missed the news from out ur way. Are y'all - ur family good? wow that's a lot for u Californians to deal with! (at this point DO NOT go in the water!)

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                                Dan - where was I yesterday that I missed the news from out ur way. Are y'all - ur family good? wow that's a lot for u Californians to deal with! (at this point DO NOT go in the water!)
                                It's a big state! 99.5% of us are fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X