No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw that too Mo. We watch Air Disasters every week. "It's the horizontal stabilizer!" it's always that OR pilot error we say. But seriously the pilot error is a HUGE part of the series. One crash was due to the little "air funnel/tunnels" on either side of the outer cockpit being plugged with a dirt daubers nest.

Comment

• It's absolutely unbelievable that something supposedly so minor could cause such havoc, apparently some to of the pilots were not aware of the new addition on the nose of the plane. So glad that it's being looked at very carefully.

Comment

• It's absolutely unbelievable that something supposedly so minor could cause such havoc, apparently some to of the pilots were not aware of the new device on the nose of the plane.

Comment

• Happy St Patrick’s Day![emoji256][emoji3515][emoji256]to you Mo & your hubby! How is he? And you too?

My M - Grandmother's maiden name was Sherrill; complete with red hair & air skinned ... always thought it to be Irish. As I have looked up seems to come from Normandy - Wm the Conqueror ....1066 (but I still believe Irish)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by 4AMNTN; 18-03-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Irish ancestors on both sides of our families, my maternal grandmother's mother, paternal grandfather's father, Dave's ancestors from Northern Ireland so there's a bit of Irish in both our families and my stepdad was born in Cork, he would have been in the Republican part of Ireland and Dave's ancestors were from Northern Ireland, don't know where mine were from.

Dave is doing not too badly but does keep having a wee moan about him not being able to eat what he wants when he wants and he doesn't thiink that fair. He does have a choice but if he ignores the low salt warnings he could fill up with fluid again and land in hospital so hopefully he'll be sensible. I am my usual bundle of anxiety but it's just the way I am, every so often the volcano blows and the dog runs for cover.

Comment

• You're so sweet Mo! Yes, a low sodium diet is good for the heart. Also moving around - deep breathing exercises are good for the lungs (no Pneumonia) I'm telling myself I'll perk up when the spring & warmer weather arrives. But there's so much to do & I seem to "just makes lists it all".

Comment

• A sort of funny incident today. Our cheapy cell phone which we keep in the car for emergencies has been replaced by the company with a fancier model, same arrangement - we pay $15.00 per month and I fill it up every thirty days. We never use up the money we put in as we don't make many calls and certainly no long distance ones but we never get that surplus back, anyway, we now have a cell phone which does just about everything, can even access the internet and has apps and whatever and Dave is as mad as a wet hen as he has a problem with any phone which won't just turn on, let him dial the number he wants and that's about as much as he's willing to do. The instruction book has microscopic text, so he can't read it. So Sheila and I had to figure it out and she is better than me as she has a cell phone but even she said it's more complicated than hers. Today around 5:00 p.m. there was a loud beeping which would come on at intervals and Dave told me to find the alarm clock which was going off as he said I must have set one, hunted around the house, checked the poison gas thingy, it was silent, checked Dave's heart monitor from the hospital and it was a straight green - Dave finally realized the beeping was coming from his pocket, it was his new cell phone and it was broadcasting an Amber Alert for child abduction. That was just about the end for him, some pretty fancy language was heard and he's all for throwing the phone in the garbage! Don't know if he'll give it a second chance, will have to wait and see.

Comment

• Oh. hahahahahahahaaaaaa. I can picture the scene playing out!

Comment

• Dang technology!
                    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• He actually asked for the cell phone when he went out for his short walk, so I guess he's decided to overlook all the stuff in it he disapproves of.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
                        He actually asked for the cell phone when he went out for his short walk, so I guess he's decided to overlook all the stuff in it he disapproves of.
                        Either that, or he's going to pitch it into a ditch somewhere!
                        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• I think it is still around Dan, maybe sitting in the car, that's where it's supposed to be kept in case of emergency. I was surprised when he asked for it but didn't let on.

Today was the installation of the new shower, bathtub has been removed and the shower unit installed but not completed yet, still needs the doors and the trim around all fixed. Looks pretty good, was wondering a bit about the seat which is smooth plastic and wonder if a wet behind might skid off it. The unit arrived at 7:30 this morning so I conducted a conversation out of the bedroom window with the truck driver in my night clothes to tell him that hubby would be down to open the garage door for them to unload just as soon as he was dressed. Don't know why the heck it was being delivered so early as the installers obviously hadn't planned on being there at the time. Not only do we live in interesting times but in unusual circumstances. Pray for patience!

Comment

• Just throw a small towel over the seat, Mo. Not your seat - the shower seat. :-)

Comment

• Hi Deanie!!![emoji1309]

Mo could you use those shower “flowers” ? Those not slip things ... a less rough set?
                              Congrats I hope y’all like it. Looks comfy on tv. I took a “bubble@ bath every night ([emoji1634])in our old house. Even tho this house has two garden tubs .... I haven’t used them. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• This shower is a replacement for the bathtub - not the fancy ones you open the door and sit down inside with lots of foam and warm jets. Just like a shower stall except it takes up the space the bathtub was in, it is really neat looking and the installer did a very careful job, will be able to use it tomorrow once the silicone sealer around the trim is all dry. The idea of the stickum type flowers for the seat are probably a good idea, I still have a whole package of them I was going to use in the floor of the bathtub but got a mat instead and like Deanie said a small towel would work fine too.

Had a funny thought while typing this and it reminded me of a romantic type story I'd read recently where two new lovebirds engaged in love play in the shower, and was wondering how they managed that without losing their balance - don't mind me - it's late and it just struck me as amusing. PS - I don't normally read romantic novels.

Comment

Working...
                                X