No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is the 1st day that has remained below 90F!!!
    A little cloudy and breezy so I've opened up my windows. Although I love warm weather, this summer heat has killed me this year. With heat index over 100F most days it has been awful to bike and walk for me.

Comment

• Lord! I feel for u Meg! It has been a really HOT [emoji274][emoji91]☀️summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• This is the look I get every night when it's close to Sophie' sleep time. She'll start by just sitting & yawning then gives us that deadpan stare like "I don't know what you're doin' - I'm SLEEPY!"
        Attached Files

Comment

• Cute kitty!

Comment

• cat logic ...
            Attached Files

Comment

• I stand corrected ...
              Attached Files

Comment

• Comfy bed for the kitty!

Comment

• Had a full day today out and about. First I was really fed up of having to bang on the living room window to scare the squirrels off the seed log bird feeder and wanted to see if there was a cage that could go round it - phoned Wild Birds Unlimited and they just had some cages come in but had to be assembled, so ordered one and an hour later we went to pick it up. Looks like it will work well and while waiting for them to put the finishing touches to it became acquainted with Sebastian, a beautiful white standard poodle. He was quite happy to come and sit beside me while we were waiting in the store, I wouldn't have minded bringing him home. Then as we were next door to a restaurant we often go to we popped in there for lunch which was nice, turkey dinner for Dave - he had his Thanksgiving turkey a bit late, our Thanksgiving was on October 12, for me an omelette with spinach and feta cheese, very tasty. On the off chance that the hairdresser might have an opening we stopped in there and she revived my short razor cut hair style which was getting long and looking messy, fortunately she had a half hour opening. So my usual stay-at-home self had a busy day and felt good that we got a lot accomplished. Pretty tired when we got home so both of us had a nap, dogs were pleased to see us as we had been out for a while, unusual for us. All probably sounds kinda blah to you busy people but it was unusual for us oldsters.

Comment

• Sounds nice Mo - all of it (down to the omelette) ur getting traps to catch squirrels???
                    We use Safflower & Nyger seed - squirrels don’t like it. I’ve started adding a lavender color bag just to spoil our birds not sure of the type but they are all made by Royal Wing . We have over 10 species & love watching!!
                    Glad u enjoyed ur day out sounds like fun & necessitates all in one. I do it that way too - sometimes it 7-10days before I get out & when I do it’s and all day thing! We’ll do Thanksgiving at mom’s the Saturday after . Yummy[emoji490][emoji535][emoji506]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The cage is for keeping the squirrels away from the seed log which they demolish in chunks - it works well except now the squirrels are dangling from the cage trying to find a way in to get at the seed, hopefully they'll realize the futility soon. It took the birds a day before they ventured into the cage and once the sparrows got used to it they now fight in an enclosed space, they really are quarrelsome birds so I still occasionally have to knock on the window to get them out of there back to the pole feeder - if it ain't one thing it's another!

Comment

• Squirrels and bird feeders=very frustrating!
                        I'm the same way Mo...put off things and then do everything in a day.
                        Had a busy weekend. Took Friday off, got my hair done since I hadn't been for almost 6 months. Went to the NF concert in Orlando Friday night. Finally got home and in bed by 0200. Then wide awake at 0630. Headed over to take care of my friend's cat Phoebe...she is the most affectionate cat! It was finally cool enough to open windows...what a gorgeous Saturday. Laid around and read, then napped. Off to church and then late dinner at a local Cuban restaurant...oh so GOOD!! Sunday was even cooler than Saturday. I'm loving this weather. More cat sitting, yoga, lunch with a friend and then dinner at my aunt's house. Finally home and November bills are paid. Time for football...and to gear up for work tomorrow. Why oh why can't weekends be longer!?!

Comment

• The weekends Meg can be really enjoyable for those who work during the week, sometimes our week is like seven days of Sunday but that's o.k. - we aren't always bursting with energy anyway.

Comment

• Gettin' out today ...have my Dia de Los Muertos earrings on for the 3 day festival!
                            Have to take Chatterbox to the Vet - his eye has watered off & on for more than a year - they've already checked him & this time I think they need to put him to sleep & flush it out, etc. PLUS Lucy's lower lip is swollen ugh! the new treats or the new litter?? BOY! it's always something --- bless it.

PLUS!!!!!! November starts the making of the years Christmas decorations! 35 to make this year. So cutting them out, paint, embellishments, etc. BUSY BUSY!

Comment

• Just brought Dave home from the hospital, had an episode of fainting or something, so got him to the hospital for a checkup a couple of days ago. He's home and going for a rest, and I am too, I've been in an out of cabs for three days and I'm exhausted, had pizza today - have been eating toast and jam if I have the energy so really enjoyed the change of diet. Might get around to making proper food but not today.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
                                Just brought Dave home from the hospital, had an episode of fainting or something, so got him to the hospital for a checkup a couple of days ago. He's home and going for a rest, and I am too, I've been in an out of cabs for three days and I'm exhausted, had pizza today - have been eating toast and jam if I have the energy so really enjoyed the change of diet. Might get around to making proper food but not today.
                                Oh no! We'll be praying for both of you, Mo. Did they figure out what is going on with Dave?
                                sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X