Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's good to know Gis that you're not too disappointed. ��

Comment

• If you were planning to return to Scotland anyway - then like you said, "no real harm." I hope it works out well for you and family, Gis.
      Thank you for TBJ!

Comment

• Gis, hope the packing and selling goes well. I'm hoping to save enough $$ to visit Scotland in 2019...it's on list of places to visit!

This past weekend in Vero at The Book Center I got to see Robert Crais and Brad Taylor...both great fun to see. Never read a Brad Taylor book but I've heard they're great! Looking forward to having a few books to catch up on.

Comment

• Glad you had fun Meg. I know several of you have been to signings ... I haven't. Nashville must not be a top spot. I've only had one meet & greet I think. KISS, I had Paul Stanley sign the guitar he gave to me the year before during a Nashville concert. NEAT! Travis Tritt, Blake Shelton ... but this is Nashville.

Comment

• Trying to get used to my new Kindle Paperwhite which has some different features from my old Kindle. I keep wanting to press the button at the side to turn the page and then remember I just have to tap on the screen. Then some pages have portions coming up with underlining and I don't know what those parts are being underlined for, they don't seem to be saying anything more noteworthy than the rest of the text. I could, of course, get the explanation from the Introduction but have yet to do that.

Comment

• Mo, I know on my Kindle the underlining means others have underlined it because they wanted to be able to refer back and find it quickly in their 'notes' section.

Comment

• Why would I get a 'new' book from Amazon that someone else had already underlined passages? Wouldn't Amazon send a clear copy to a new purchaser?

A random thought with all this same sex romance and marriage in the forefront of news and also in books I thought it was odd that quite often in a photo there doesn't seem to be two equally feminine types, one quite often looks more mannish and sometimes with the men one is more 'campy' than the other? Had just seen a photo of two women and one was dressed in a suit and the other in a frilly dress? Just a thought.

Comment

• Well, the time has come to leave the USA behind and return home to Bonnie Scotland
                  It wasn't an easy decision to make, but, the lack of my scope of work has kinda forced the issue, so, the big packing and the selling up of virtually everything begins.

I hope it all runs smoothly for you Gis

Moving to the other side of town can be quite stressful, you move sounds even worse. Good Luck

Comment

• Sorry you have to leave the US but you'll always find a welcome back in Scotland I'm sure. I hope everything works out for you....plus you won't have to be concerned about Mr. Trump and his shenanigans, although I don't know what the political climate is like in Scotland. Or maybe you weren't concerned about Mr. T. in the first place.

Hi Mo, Two or three years ago Scotland were seeking independence from the rest of the UK, a man called Alex Salmond, Scotland's First Minister, was leading the way. A referendum of the Scottish people resulted in the majority wanting to stay as part of the UK. I can't remember the percentages. Mr Salmond stood down. In his place Nicola Sturgeon was elected, she is keeping the pot bubbling and wants another referendum.

Because Scotland is only a small country this probably does not make World news whereas Mr Trump only has to sneeze and the media jump on him.

Comment

• YB - Mentioning Mr. Trump raises my blood pressure a number of points. How a man who has little in the way of morality, tells so many lies, bad mouths people and countries, says one thing and does another, is totally untrustworthy, got to be President of the great country of America, which he is now managing to pull down internationally. Our daughter is after me to stop listening to any news about him as it gets me really rattled.

I know very little about Scottish politics since I left there when I was nine years old and lived in England until I was 18, even then I don't know that I paid a lot of attention to politics. I guess being on Facebook I get a lot of what Trump is doing without being on the telly.

Gis probably has a good hold on Scottish politics I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
                        Why would I get a 'new' book from Amazon that someone else had already underlined passages? Wouldn't Amazon send a clear copy to a new purchaser?
                        I don't know why you have highlights on your new kindle, but, a quick Google got this:-

You can add, view or remove highlights at any location in a Kindle book or personal document.

Add a highlight: Press and drag to highlight the desired text, and then tap Highlight. If you want to highlight multiple pages, press and drag to highlight the desired text to the bottom-right corner of the screen and the page will turn. The highlight will automatically continue to the first period on the next page.

Tip: You can drag the handles at the start or end of the highlighted text to edit your selection before you tap Highlight. Handles only appear when you have selected two or more words for most device languages.

Remove a highlight: Press and hold a word in the highlighted area, tap More, and then tap Delete.
                        View your highlights:
                        Tap the top of the screen to show the reading toolbar, tap Go To, and then tap the Notes tab.
                        Tap the Yours tab to view notes and highlights that you created. You can tap a note or highlight to go to that location in the book.
                        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• I'm not Kindle knowledgeable -- I've only used the dictionary part (which I love)

Today I NEED to clean the house! I've been inside too long & have just let the cleaning slide. Making Rueben's for an early supper.

Comment

• Thanks Gis, I must admit when I see a totally inoffensive or nothing paragraph with little dots underlining it I really wonder what it's underlined for, it just creates a momentary distaction but is not a huge problem.

Comment

• Babysitting Kevin’s 20th kidney stone!!!!! Poor thing! Finally OUCH it came this afternoon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Packing, cleaning, packing, cleaning.............................furniture sold, packing, cleaning
                                I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Working...
                                X