No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan, 4A would be the person to ask about cat behaviour, I think she rescues feral one so she probably knows many thing about cats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
      Anybody know a good way to keep cats from scratching upholstery? We have a renter who has a longhair calico who has decided one particular chair deserves her special attention. She has scratching posts, but evidently they are inferior to wingback chairs. We have a spray that is supposed to be a deterrent, but it doesn't work. Her owner has two jobs and is a student, so she's gone a lot and the cat spends quite a bit of time just hanging out. She watched us a lot, but hasn't made any overtures. I'll rub her head when she's out, but only for a short moment or two. She tolerates the two dogs, but doesn't show any signs of wanting to play with them. The older dog pretty much ignores her, and the younger dog goes back and forth between wanting to play and wanting to chase her. She usually stands her ground with him. She ignores us unless she's hungry. Cats are weird.
      4A would probably be able to answer that best. Cats can be weird...but so can dogs at times...Bear has odd quirky behavior...chases his tail, just stares across the pond when there's nothing there, and boy can he snore!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg View Post
        Bear has odd quirky behavior...chases his tail
        Dexter likes to bite one of his back legs, growling the whole time, and ends up turning a somersault.
        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Sitting with my feet on a heating pad, trying to warm them up. ��

Comment

• Cats: Dan we had that problem years back. There is a "tape" that's made for that purpose. It looks like packing tape & it's double sided. (smarty cat, sticky paws) Just tape it to the areas that are a problem. The cats paws will stick to it & they won'r like it. I will not harm the furniture, remove it, replace it as needed. Water bottle - which won't work if they're not there to see the scratching. Aluminum foil - but that's kind of an eye sore. Scratching posts REALLY work. You can add Feliway to the post -- it works too.
            Next question: hahahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
              Cats: Dan we had that problem years back. There is a "tape" that's made for that purpose. It looks like packing tape & it's double sided. (smarty cat, sticky paws) Just tape it to the areas that are a problem. The cats paws will stick to it & they won'r like it. I will not harm the furniture, remove it, replace it as needed. Water bottle - which won't work if they're not there to see the scratching. Aluminum foil - but that's kind of an eye sore. Scratching posts REALLY work. You can add Feliway to the post -- it works too.
              Next question: hahahahahahahahaha
              The tape sounds fun.
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• It's that time again to start on our Christmas decorations: ideas, patterns, painting, etc. This year's theme: GIFTS, PRESENTS, STOCKINGS! I have 22 boxes to wrap today!- tonight

Comment

• wow....I haven't even begun to think of Christmas decorating yet!

Comment

• Oh we always decorate the house & it takes forever to paint the items!!! Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Was checking various places on the Internet as I want to get a little 2 ft. Tabletop Christmas tree instead of bringing the larger one up from the basement. I did order one that looked about right from Amazon for about $50 then found out they wanted $49 to ship it so cancelled, didn't sound like too good a deal. Will keep looking.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Mo I love Amazon. Maybe try looking again? We also use Walmart—they have free shipping!!! We bought one that size at Big Lots last year.... cheap I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks for the info 4A.

Comment

• Mo: please look on YT title: cat has blessing under the Christmas tree. luvmycats92

that tree was from Big Lots.

Comment

• 4A - I went back on Amazon.ca and ordered an 18 " table top tree, pre lit and again the shipping was expensive but the shape of the little tree was what I wanted so went ahead and ordered it. It would be less expensive probably if more Canadian companies had what I wanted, a lot of what I buy is from the States. Thanks for your help though.

Comment

• cats saying "no" to bath video....hilarious!!

Comment

Working...
                                X