No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching the rain - under the hedge there are great pools of water, however we're not experiencing the terrible flooding like the US. It's even really quite cool, not Spring weather yet.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Noticing the hundreds of buds on my Magnolia tree. Yea! When we moved in it had been neglected-- we've spiked it twice a year for the last few. We even have had more than 10 open blooms. That's a month early! Course it could be the 80 degree days. 🤷🏼*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Luke Bryan was great! https://youtu.be/G-eWlyZfpsE
        had work changes & didn't go to Alabama ... we stayed close to home & worked in the yard. Gave Kevin a cryptex for our anniversary. I thought the idea was a good one - he did not. He wasn't thrilled at all. He said "this is more of a "you" gift. I should have just bought him a model car to put together. On Saturday of course had to work ..... then went to a local restaurant. Fun weekend.
        Last edited by 4AMNTN; 08-05-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Sort of watching tennis from Madrid, off and on, was watching Sally Yates giving testimony to the Senate Committee about Flynn's cozying up to the Russians.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            Finally listened to your link Meg. I like the message. I'm just not a fan of the "talking part". I'm glad it's out there - everyone should have music they can relate to.
            Me? I like: ALL KINDS!
            Yeah I listen to all kinds too...country, classic rock, R&B, bluegrass.

Comment

• My fave has to be 503 from Angels & Demons. It's the iconic soundtrack you hear. I just love that! Then I'll play Van Halen, a little Jason Aldean & Bruno Mars. ha-ha!

Comment

• Oh how I love Bruno Mars!!

Comment

• My day and what I did

We went to the nursery today and we were like kids let loose in a candy shop. Seemed to fill up our cart quite quickly, Dave got some lillies, different varieties, I got some pots of creeping phlox in shades of pink to put in the small garden plot under the living room window, wanted some ground cover perennial, and also got a pot of bell flowers in white, they look very pretty. Took a fancy to a tomato plant all done up in its own nice container, all stakes and strong looking leaves, so I now have my very own tomato plant which I'll put near the front door so that I can look after it, I think I can handle one tomato plant! When I asked Dave how much we had spent on plants he replied "too much" so I guess we had an outing of plant retail therapy. It was good to get out as I haven't been out of the house much in the last couple of months because of the arm injury and the chronic back problem which is better some days than others.

All in all a successful day and also watched some CNN after the shocking firing of FBI Director Comey. It was almost like a comedy show, all of Mr. Trump's briefers gave out the story that it was the Deputy Attorney General who was responsible and VP Pence backed this up at a little press conference at the Capitol. Then Trump went on telly on NBC and blew them all out of the water saying it was his decision alone as he had been wanting to fire Comey for months no matter what the DAG recommended. It seemed to come about because Mr. T was angry with Comey suggesting that he may have affected the election outcome by opening up the Clinton matter just days before the election because of e-mails going from her secretary's computer to her husband's laptop -turns out there was nothing to find but Comey suggesting it may have affected the election had Trump seeing red as this matter is very dear to his heart as she won the popular vote. It's hard to keep up with all the drama and it almost sounds like one of Brad Thor's novels. Mr. T. has apparently just signed an Executive Order to investigate all the illegal votes or whatever. It had the look of Mr. T. firing Comey because the FBI investigation was getting too close to any Trump associates interacting with the Russians, then to compound all of this Mr. Trump met the next day with the Russian foreign minister and the ambassador, holding the meeting in the Oval Office, no US press allowed but then the Russian journalist who took photos released them so that everyone saw Mr. T. with the Russian contingent. Hopefully the Ruskies didn't plant any devices in the Oval Office while there. I guess it isn't really amusing because what happens in the White House has far reaching consequences for all of the U.S. and the rest of us so hopefully there is someone there who can keep Mr. Trump from causing any more uproar.

This is the first time I have known more about the US election than the ones which happen in our own country and I really hope that any problems get ironed out in the days to come because North Korea is quite a concern with its plans to eventually have an ICBM with nuclear capability to reach the US, or so Mr. Un's rhetoric tells us. My hope for the US is that sane heads prevail and that everyone will be safe (including your neighbours to the north).

Fortunately there seem to be a good contingent of military advisers who are highly qualified and know how things military work, not so sure about some of the others, Mr. Bannon doesn't seem like a pleasant man nor the other tall slim man who seems to be much the same as Bannon. Just my thoughts.
                  Last edited by momckee; 12-05-2017, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• Mo! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your plant day! Sounds like a fine grab. Make sure your little tomato plant gets plenty of sun. Miracle Gro if you want. I can picture it in my mind! And thank you for the update on your arm. I wondered how that was going.
                    I haven't watched the TV in over a week. Even though I defended Bannon's position .. bless him, he looks quite disheveled most of the time.
                    And Hils needs to accept that she was wasn't trusted/liked enough to be Pres. someone else, yes. If she wanted to save herself a lot of time & heartache she could have just looked in the mirror to find her reason for not winning.

Comment

• Wow!!! I think Mo wins the prize for the longest ever post on this forum

Comment

• And it didn't have anything to do with Jack Reacher!

Comment

• [emoji12][emoji1319][emoji860][emoji432]

Comment

• Wishing all mothers in TBJ a happy [emoji253]Mothers Day[emoji253]

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
                              And it didn't have anything to do with Jack Reacher!
                              Thats why it's in the off topic area
                              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Trying to relax after watching Deep Horizon!

Comment

Working...
                                X