No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my Gis. It will be different that's for sure. Is it local in FL or all over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
      Ok folks, so, been unemployed for 8 months so have enrolled in a CDL Trucking course starting this weekend.
      Total career change for me and it may mean I won't be online a lot, but, we will see
      Best wishes, Gis!
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Best wishes Gis, I hope it all works out for you, being on the road might be really interesting- and maybe tiring - or you might find yourself in a management capacity at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
          Oh my Gis. It will be different that's for sure. Is it local in FL or all over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Will be all over I think
          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
            Best wishes, Gis!
            Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
              Ok folks, so, been unemployed for 8 months so have enrolled in a CDL Trucking course starting this weekend.
              Total career change for me and it may mean I won't be online a lot, but, we will see
              My dad was a trucker...seemed to love it! And my cousin's husband just got his CDL. Best of luck with the career change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg View Post
                My dad was a trucker...seemed to love it! And my cousin's husband just got his CDL. Best of luck with the career change.
                Thanks Meg, hopefully it'll be something i enjoy

Comment

• On the road again....

Good Luck Gis!!!

Comment

• When you know & if you get up to TN as we say ... come by & say "hey".

Comment

• Best of luck to you, Gis.

Comment

• Had my family up this weekend for the B-day lunch. Mom & Dad recently drove up to Niagara Falls & into Canada for a vacation. They were telling us that they were asked to pull over at the border & that their truck & belongings were gone through, a new hair dryer even was taken out of the box & cellophane removed, in other words a lengthy search. My parents are 74, dad uses a walker most of the time-it's better when he sits- & my mom's not much better, tiny thing. Anyway! They found out at the end of this search when asked: are you carrying a gun? Dad, No. Do you own at gun? Yes, a 22 rifle. Where is that? Dad: at home. What's it for, why do you have it? Dad: it was my fathers. They wanted to know what was going on & the "border people" said well, we noticed your plate - from Tennessee. You southerns like your guns. WTF? Yeah, mom & dad look like real shoot-em-up-cowboys. Was a nice start to their trip, huh? Mom said the were thrown when they asked where mom & dad had planned to sleep that night & mom & dad didn't have reservations anywhere. Well, my parents are avid travelers, they drive til they get tired. This was another red flag so to speak. They were both so put out after the event, they found a place to stay & let their blood pressure get back to normal!
                        All I can say it "Bless it."

Comment

• So sorry that your Mom and Dad had a bad time at the border, I think that all borders have tightened their security in light of possible terrorist threats. The question about guns is most likely because in Canada people are puzzled about the gun rights held so dear by many Americans and if they were questioned about them it was probably all part of the Customs protocol. Also, you may remember that Canada was accused of having allowed terrorists to get into the US so security has been tightened in both directions. However, it is really unfortunate that your parents were 'grilled' at the border and I'm really sorry that it happened. We really are a friendly bunch so I hope the rest of their trip went well.

On to another subject, I've heard from Vince and he has been quite ill but is on the road to recovery. If you would like to send him good wishes you can put them on the forum and I'll alert him to check.

Comment

• Vince like SA Vince? Last I heard he had had prostate CA? (I worked in Urology for 8 years) I hope he's well. Miss seeing him post. It's been a while. Tell him "hey" for me Mo.

And this is for you.... my parents brought me back a shark prism from the Ripley's up there.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Say hey to Vince for me too!!!

Comment

• Will do 4A and Style. Don't know about the prostate diagnosis, but he has been ill with breathing problems.

Thanks for the Canadian Flag 4A.

Comment

Working...
                                X