No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished my detective book, had a rotten ending, really a bit sinister, now reading a WWII book about the RAF, seems more factual than a fiction story, will know about every kind of bomber ever built by the time I get through it and all the powerful engines. It's amazing that anyone survived being in the war, so many killed, planes shot down, large warships sunk, incredible the amount of death and destruction.

Did watch a really nice Masterpiece film this afternoon called Goodnight Mr. Tom - about a young boy who is evacuated to the country during the London Blitz. John Thaw was Mr.Tom, if any of you watched the Morse detective series. It was a good movie.

Comment

• Never heard of it Mo. But I do like reading history. I agree with u on ur thoughts about the war & the images that the words create while reading. Those men (& women) were really the greatest generation. By that referring to the saying NOT to take away from all serving. [emoji631][emoji631] proud of 'em all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• To you Mo -- [emoji1063]

Comment

• Thanks 4A and hope you enjoy your 4th of July, you're celebrating tomorrow I believe, a family do?

Watched tennis today, the tournament at Wimbledon has seen a lot of rain-outs - players start their match and have to go off a couple of times as they can't play on grass that's even slightly wet because of the possibility of getting injured. Not all the courts are grass, some are clay and many are hard surface depending on where the tournament takes place, different locations on the ATP circuit which lasts most of the year. The players have to adjust their game to the surface they are playing on. You should see how organized the grounds people are at taking down the net and pulling this enormous protective covering over each of the 16 courts and then having to retract it and put the net up again. They have it down to a science I guess as Wimbledon is THE tennis event in the tennis world. The players take home a goodly sum of money once they are past the first round and the winners get a large cheque along with the glory of winning the trophy. Some of the best players are worth millions plus all the money they make from being sponsored by the athletic goods companies. It does seem like a hard way to make a living even if you love playing tennis, many of them get sports injuries and have to have surgery which puts them out of the running for a while. It's great watching TSN as they usually have more than one match on different channels. I don't get much done around the house when tennis gazing.

Comment

• Mo ... what a great insight into tennis. I've never watched it, really. My parents used to play when I was little & I remember the Dr. I worked for used to watch it every September. His daughter was a tennis instructor (one of her students was Alan Alda) We've been by Chelsea Pier in NYC many times where they play here in the USA. Other than the recent "grunts" the women are doing I don't have any thoughts on it - good or bad. We used to watch golf some, and of course we ALWAYS watched basketball until Jordan quit 20 years ago. Things change. Funny Mo. Enjoy your weekend!
              Yes, our 4th is tonight we have soon many fireworks, about 3-4k worth. We have a co. that rents our property so we get FREE fireworks!!!! Now that includes last years when it RAINED here.
              So this year we'll be shooting into the wee hours, haha!
              Happy 4th weekend y'all!!!

Comment

• I'll probably hear them from here 4A - the night was alive with the sound of rockets last night, I used to enjoy them when I watched them outside, now they seem so terribly loud when I'm sitting in the house, but they are fun to watch.

One of the women 'grunters' in tennis, Sherapova, a Russian player, has been banned for a couple of years because of using a banned substance to boost her energy level, when I watched her I used to turn the sound off.

Hope you have a fabulous time tonight and Happy 4th of July to all my friends on the forum south of the border.

Comment

• Yea! What a gr8 night! The weather was nice, no rain & the fireworks were loud! Of course mom did her famous table decorations & the food - yummy! I was glad to see everyone, we also celebrate 2 birthdays during this holiday too. One was 22 & one was 21! The other two nephews are 18 this year. Big Big year for "growing up".
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Loved the table setting 4A - your Mom must be really creative. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Comment

• Was very nice. She always thinks thru the "good stuff". I hope everyone here had a gr8 July 4th!

Comment

• Good - except Both my favorite baseball teams lost their games.

Comment

• Nice table 4A!
                          I'm not a fan of fireworks so I stay in that night & wear earplugs

Comment

• Earplugs -- a set came with my new Sig Sauer 9mm!!! It's little like a 380. Shot it for about an hour today -- nice!

Comment

• Very sad day ... Rescue found the body of Craig Morgan's son Jerry Greer. So sad for the family. Karen is such a nice christian woman, the family is really close. They're in my thoughts.

Comment

• I heard about that this morning...only 19....so young. Praying for comfort for the family.

Comment

Working...
                                X