X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YB View Post
    Cadbury World - where chocolate is made
    You had me at chocolate!
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post

You had me at chocolate!
      It was interesting and disappointing in equal measures. I thought we would get to see some actual production in the factory, maybe a passageway and looking through glass. There were a lot of pictures and words on the walls telling the origination and history of the Company. There were a few girls about doing demonstrations.

Oh - and we got some free samples!!

Pity you live so far away, Dan, If I'd sent any to you it would have melted before it got to you

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post

It was interesting and disappointing in equal measures. I thought we would get to see some actual production in the factory, maybe a passageway and looking through glass. There were a lot of pictures and words on the walls telling the origination and history of the Company. There were a few girls about doing demonstrations.

Oh - and we got some free samples!!

Pity you live so far away, Dan, If I'd sent any to you it would have melted before it got to you
        It's the thought that counts. Well, not really. but thanks! Once when I was a kid, we went on a tour of a Hersey's chocolate factory in another state. We got to see what I think you were hoping to see -- big vats of chocolate getting stirred and poured into molds, and Hersey bars getting wrapped, etc. The smell was amazing, plus they lots of broken candy bars as free samples. Loved it!

Comment

• haaaaaa.

Comment

• Kevin had his lithotripsy yesterday. All is well recheck with Xray in 2 weeks. they were able to blast 7mm stone & 1 remaining 2mm he passed the other a few weeks back. SO, 39, 40. And 41 is still on the L side???

Comment

• Wow, can't believe he's had as many as that
              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• He's certainly going through it at the moment, Fours. Hope it is soon sorted

Comment

• And did I mention that he had both of his legs worked on where they go in and cauterize the veins for varicose veins he had one waited a week and had the other leg waited a week and then -the lithotripsy. I think this is my new life now is this what happens when we get over 60? Waaaaaa NEXT! Is his vision 400/20. He stopped driving at night more than a year ago. -

A wonderful place to go is the Ford museum in Detroit, Michigan. It's unbelievable. It's amazing all the things that he collected. You could spend three days and reading the plaque alone oh my goodness. !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The Ford Museum would be just the thing for me but unfortunately I'll not be able to make it

Comment

• It would be an amazing trip. Maybe the website has photos or better yet someone has a video on YT of it.....

Comment

• I've looked on the website - very impressive. Have you been, Fours? My US geography isn't brilliant but where I think Detroit is and where I think you live, it looks like a 1000 mile journey?

Comment

• Yes, it's NOT close.... My sister transferred up there after she got married (her husband was a GM guy) ... I took several pictures - it's amazing ALL the things he saved & the information that's available about those items! wow! Yep Tennessee to Michigan is about 10 hours. (adding in loosing an hour and stops). THANKFULLY she is now back here, well in Huntsville AL where my other sister is. So we're all close, it's just the 3 girls now.

Comment

• making lists (& checking them twice). Starting my Christmas 2024 list. I've bought everything already - maybe 2-3. The BIG decision is the outside decorations. I think we may go with the Fairy Trees again this year. .... we'v IMG_5688.jpg e already had those out, but....

Comment

• 4A, did Kevin get his recheck? How's he doing?

Comment

• Dan - my goodness he had a CT yesterday due to so much pain & when the blasted the 7-8mm stone it should have had a more sand consistency so he could pass it -but it's now in 4 & 2mm pieces that are STUCK together SO basically we're back to where we were. He's supposed to hear from them today for a PLAN. thank u for asking.
                                How are u and your family? Have things smoothed out a little after your mom's passing? Been thinking about y'all.
                                And the earthquakes!

Comment

Working...
                                X