Clear All

• here

- - - Updated - - -

and here
    Attached Files

Comment

• last two
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 4AMNTN; 15-05-2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• 1. our dessert at The River Cafe 2. Luciana's grave at St. John's Cemetery - Queens, 3. DISCOVERY'S Body World @ Times Sq.
        4 & 5 are building WE ALL READ ABOUT: 4. 1 Police Plaza it's the red building to the left. 5. 26 Federal 6. The Louis Vuitton America's Cup (sailboat racing) was going on Saturday May 7th while we were there … this is the view from INSIDE the WTC.
        7. our room view looking out & down. 8. The High Line in NYC - it's the converted railroad (ELEVATED) which they have tress, flowers, food courts, etc. 9. our room view looking out - (you can see the building where Meet Joe Black was filmed) at one time the MOST EXPENSIVE apartment in NYC.
        10. the reflecting pools looking down from the 101st floor of the WTC - the white "bird-like" building is the transportation HUB. 11. the Carousel in Central Park! 12. inside view from The River Cafe - see why it's a must?

Comment

• Pictures of your trip 4A?

Comment

• Yes! thought y'all might like to see some of the things "we"hear about. I had 1 PP and 26 Fed on my list for a while; but as you can see they had it blocked off & it's a nice sized chuck of land & trees, and walk ways, nice newer buildings. I was surprised.
            Being into the medical field & favorite books about medical forensic … y'all should google Discovery's BODY WORLD. WOW!!! Since Kevin is a kidney stone factory (he's currently "holding" 16 & 17 in the right kidney) he was amazed at how small the renal system was. The woman's body was especially well presented … I thought.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Gis, checked over the your site. Nice! Really lovin' the Calla Lily things. esp the table vase!!!

Comment

• What are you doing?

Well, this week was the 7th week of our Sheriffs "classes". And wow! We went through our county jail. It holds 400 inmates, male & female on misdemeanor up to felony. It would seem I would do EVERYTHING I could to stay out of that place! It was clean, calm, didn't smell as bad as I was expecting. But we need more jailers. And OMG, the inmates are pampered. Good Lord! If you commit a crime & are charged, I'm not opposed to loosing MANY MANY MANY rights. That's the punishment. or it should be!! No deterrent in this country! THAT'S our problem.
                Last edited by 4AMNTN; 28-05-2016, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Sounds like a bit of an eye opener 4A!

Comment

• Wow...400. When the jail was built here in this county it was built for just under 400. Now they have 'tents' and the whole complex holds up to 1500. I think they actually have about 1300 'permanent' folks. And yeah I'd do everything possible to not be there, but for a jail it's pretty comfy and possibly WAAAAY better than what some of them are used to.

Comment

• Looked up your link Meg and it seems really well organized, saw the dog adoption notice, prisoners get to adopt dogs to look after?

Comment

• If I'm remembering correctly, they work with the dog for obedience training, learn grooming & even vet assistant training. And the training helps get the dogs adopted out...I'm sure they can adopt once they're out.

Comment

• Sounds like a good scheme Meg, give them something positive to do.

Comment

• Power washing the pool area and the enclosure to make it looking nice for my family arriving for their vacation next week.
                            Had to hand wash the screened enclosure it was that bad
                            I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
                              Sounds like a good scheme Meg, give them something positive to do.
                              I think it's a great program...need to have a skill otherwise it's just a repeat...no one wants to hire them, so they go back to what they know...which puts them back in jail.

Comment

• Last night was our last in class class. Next week is firearms & permits. We already have ours so we won't go - we have to travel up to MI for a graduation anyway. BUT, last night we did SWAT, is was good! He set off a FLASH BANG in the room (I'm still coughing) & used a rubber bullet. WOW that thing was LOUD!!!! We looked closely at the AR-15, the GLOCKS, the 45 light weight assault rifle, a Taser gun & we wore bullet proof vests through the class. FUN!!! He went over their procedures, we saw several "what went wrong videos". Those were bad, & sad. How things can go wrong in seconds & YOU HAVE TO DECIDE SHOOT OR NOT?!?!?!?! We graduate in 2 weeks!

- - - Updated - - -

Meg, thanks for the info. Your Sheriff cars look just like ours! I had to look up Sprung Tent, tho from the picture I thought it was the caterpillar/balloon structures. And those are cost effective? and fool proof? I'll show our Sheriff those, actually the Deputy Sheriff & Kevin are tight, I'll send your link.

Comment

Working...
                                X